- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Written in an eloquent and practical style, renown author and recognized national authority on family literacy, Patricia Edwards has carefully selected skills, strategies, and examples of family involvement that will empower educators to successfully implement family involvement initiatives. A timely publication on today's political climate with federal monies going into family literacy, Edwards has deliberately and painstakingly chosen research-based, school-tested ideas as the focus of this book.
Introduction: My Journey into Family Involvement.
1. Why Family-School Partnerships?
2. Family-School Partnerships: Why Are They So Difficult to Create?
3. Improving Family-School Partnerships: Existing Possibilities.
4. Teacher Preparation for Family Involvement: Effective Strategies.
5. Improving Two-Way Communication: Valuable Directions.
6. Directions for Improving Family-School Partnerships: Action Steps.
Appendix A: Parent Story: Angela and Timothy Sheffland.
Appendix B: Creating Sharing Time Conversations: Parents and Teachers Work Together.
Appendix C: Mooney's Instrument on Attitudes, Understandings, and Behaviors of Young Children's Reading Development.
Appendix D, E, F, G: Sample of Teachers Scope and Sequence of Parent Involvement Activities.
Appendix H: “What Does an Elementary Teacher Need to Know About Parent Involvement?”
Appendix I: Developing Your Own “Scope and Sequence of Parent Involvement” Activities.
Appendix J: Demographic School Profile.
Appendix K: Demographic Classroom Profile.
Appendix L: School District Student Enrollment Form.
Appendix M: Student Move-In/Move-Out Information Form.
Appendix N: Websites.
Appendix O: Parent Involvement Questionnaire.
Appendix P: Parent Profile and Plan of Action.