Introduction: My Journey into Family Involvement.
1. Why Family-School Partnerships?
2. Family-School Partnerships: Why Are They So Difficult to Create?
3. Improving Family-School Partnerships: Existing Possibilities.
4. Teacher Preparation for Family Involvement: Effective Strategies.
5. Improving Two-Way Communication: Valuable Directions.
6. Directions for Improving Family-School Partnerships: Action Steps.
Appendix A: Parent Story: Angela and Timothy Sheffland.
Appendix B: Creating Sharing Time Conversations: Parents and Teachers Work Together.
Appendix C: Mooney's Instrument on Attitudes, Understandings, and Behaviors of Young Children's Reading Development.
Appendix D, E, F, G: Sample of Teachers Scope and Sequence of Parent Involvement Activities.
Appendix H: “What Does an Elementary Teacher Need to Know About Parent Involvement?”
Appendix I: Developing Your Own “Scope and Sequence of Parent Involvement” Activities.
Appendix J: Demographic School Profile.
Appendix K: Demographic Classroom Profile.
Appendix L: School District Student Enrollment Form.
Appendix M: Student Move-In/Move-Out Information Form.
Appendix N: Websites.
Appendix O: Parent Involvement Questionnaire.
Appendix P: Parent Profile and Plan of Action.