This comprehensive volume traces the Chinese military and its experiences over the past 2,500 years, describing clashes with other kingdoms and nations as well as internal rebellions and revolutions.
• Approximately 300 A–Z entries covering China's military tradition over the past 2,500 years
• Contributions from over 50 distinguished international scholars from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Great Britain, Canada, and the United States
• Maps of China and Asia, depicting provinces and major cities, major battles and campaigns, and disputed borders
• Photographs of military leaders, soldiers, weapon systems, and battle grounds
• Selected multicultural bibliography of research materials from the field of military history, both in English and in Chinese
• A helpful appendix of Chinese dynasties