Chiropractic Techniqueby Thomas F. Bergmann, David H. Peterson
No other book offers a complete guide to chiropractic adjustive techniques! Chiropractic Technique, 3rd Edition makes it easy to understand essential procedures and provides a rationale for their use. Written by Thomas F. Bergmann, DC, FICC, and David H. Peterson, DC, and backed by the latest research studies, this bestseller describes the basic principles/b>… See more details below
No other book offers a complete guide to chiropractic adjustive techniques! Chiropractic Technique, 3rd Edition makes it easy to understand essential procedures and provides a rationale for their use. Written by Thomas F. Bergmann, DC, FICC, and David H. Peterson, DC, and backed by the latest research studies, this bestseller describes the basic principles needed to evaluate, select, and apply specific adjustive procedures. With a review of chiropractic history, detailed descriptions of joint examination and adjustive techniques for the spine, pelvis, and extremities, and a companion Evolve website with how-to videos, this book is a must-have reference for students and clinicians.
- Offers over 700 photos and line drawings depicting the correct way to set up and perform adjustive procedures, clarifying concepts, and showing important spinal and muscle anatomy.
- Includes up-to-date research studies and methods for validating manual therapy.
- Discusses mechanical principles so you can determine not only which adjustive procedure to use and when, but also why you should choose one approach over another.
- Organizes content thematically with a discussion of practical anatomy, kinematics, evaluation, and technique for each joint.
- Covers anatomy and biomechanics in detail, along with adjustive techniques for the spine, extraspinal techniques, and additional techniques for special populations, helping you fully prepare for board examinations.
- Covers the manipulable lesion as a basis for treating disorders with manual therapy, including chiropractic techniques.
- Includes content on low-force techniques to help you treat elderly patients and patients who are in acute pain.
- Includes useful appendices with clinical information as well as interesting historical information, including a feature on practitioners who developed specific techniques.
- NEW Evolve website with video clips of the author performing all the adjustive procedures in the book.
- Updated and expanded content covers new information on joint anatomy and assessment including Newton's laws and fibrocartilage, joint malposition, joint subluxation, history of subluxation/dysfunction, and sacroiliac articulation.
- A procedure index printed on the inside of the front cover makes it easier to find specific procedures.
Description: This book describes the historical and scientific basis and "hands-on" specifics of chiropractic technique for the spine and extremities. It provides in-depth investigation of assessment and treatment for manipulable "lesions."
Purpose: This book fills a void in the literature of manipulative technique, and more specifically in the chiropractic literature base relating to technique, providing a rational basis for choice and application of specific adjustive procedures for spinal and extremity articulations.
Audience: This book is an appropriate textbook for students and practitioners. Students will benefit from the organization of how to find, assess, and specifically treat articular lesions. Practitioners will find the biomechanical and diagnostic level of investigation developed in the book to be of value in modifying technique for varied situations that present themselves in day-to-day practice.
Features: This book contains very high quality illustrations and drawings as well as photographs depicting each adjustive technique. The combination of photograph and drawing for each technique provides a very good understanding of contact points and direction of impulse for correction of the joint being discussed. The references used in the text represent the state of the literature as it relates to manipulative therapy and current concepts in biomechanics. The book is very easy to use. The high quality of illustrations, general layout, and typeface chosen make it comfortable to both leaf through and read in depth.
Assessment: This book is long overdue in the chiropractic profession. It is extremely relevant and very useful to anyone engaged in the art and science of manipulative therapy. It provides a basis for manipulative therapy and specific technique application not currently available. At the professional school level, its usage will expand current curricula via the depth and breadth covered in a single text. Practitioners will also benefit from the breadth of adjustive techniques it contains. It is a text that comes highly recommended.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 63 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >