Christian Theology: A Brief Introduction / Edition 1by Gareth Jones
Pub. Date: 01/15/1991
Christian Theology: A Brief Introduction is an incisive and engaging textbook that shows students how to think theologically Ð how they can respond both creatively and intelligently to the issues and challenges that face them today. Gareth Jone
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.40(d)
Table of Contents
Introduction: What is Christian Theology?.
Part 1: Mapping the Terrain:.
1. Christian Theology and Christian Faith.
2. Christian Theology: Some Important Qualities.
Part II: Handling the Building Blocks:.
3. Language and Experience.
4. The Bible.
5. History and Tradition.
6. Society and Culture.
Part III: Developing Necessary Skills:.
7. Doctrine: The Shape of Christian Theology.
8. Interpretation: The Task of Christian Theology.
Part IV: Looking Around, Past and Present:.
9. Recurrent Themes in Christian Theology.
10. Contemporary Issues. Conclusion: The Ever-widening Ripple.
Suggestions for Further Reading.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >