A unique chronology with entries describing the key events in the 3,000-year conflict between religion and science over the explanation and definition of life on Earth.
• Comprises over 1,400 chronologically arranged entries on important political, legal, and social events in the ongoing controversy between science- and faith-based views of the Earth and life
• Offers a thorough bibliography spanning historical aspects of the controversy, creationist literature, and resources from evolutionary biology
• Includes a one-of-a-kind glossary for easy access to definitions of relevant terms used by both anti-evolutionists and scientists
• Provides an extensive index serving as a reference tool and as a way to explore recurring themes
• Presents detailed appendices on estimating Earth's age, the geologic timescale, major species of known Hominines, and key legal decisions involving the teaching of evolution and creationism