- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"In this comprehensive labor of love, Neil brings his wonderfully unique, home-grown, and organic insights to bear on what it means to reawaken a movement ethos in the twenty-first century church. Nothing less than the spontaneous expansion of the church is being considered here. This is perhaps the book that Neil was born to write." -Alan Hirsch, author, The Forgotten Ways, and coauthor, Untamed, The Shaping of Things to Come, reJesus, and The Forgotten Ways Handbook
"Church 3.0 is an all-in-one compass, survival manual, tool kit, leadership agenda, and imagineering workshop. It is a treasure trove that distributes the wealth of Neil Cole's rich experience and insight. I cannot imagine trying to navigate—without it."-Reggie McNeal, author, Missional Renaissance
"Neil Cole is one of only a handful of people in the West uniquely qualified to write about church multiplication movements from an insider perspective. His extensive, hands-on experience in reproducing movements of healthy disciples, leaders, and churches has enabled him to not only ask the right questions, but also to develop and field test the principles that cause these organic movements to occur. Essential reading for anyone with a passion for extending God's Kingdom beyond the confines of the church walls."-Felicity Dale, member, board of directors, House2House; author, An Army of Ordinary People; and coauthor, The Rabbit and the Elephant
"Neil has done it again. Church 3.0 is the first book focused on the big picture of releasing healthy church movements. In my work in this season of life, I am committed to releasing the body of Christ to be the Church, and Neil's book will serve as a strong guide to assist leaders in getting there."-Bob Buford, founder, Leadership Network, and author, Halftime and Finishing Well Neil Cole is the real deal. We've all known his passion for church multiplication. In Church 3.0, he moves from passion to practice, laying out a vision that is challenging, and compelling. He will challenge everyone who loves the church and its mission."Ed Stetzer, president, LifeWay Research
About Leadership Network
Introduction: What About This Book? Shifting from Church 2.0 to 3.0.
Part One: Global Changes Demand a Better Church.
1. What About the World We Live In? From a Village Church to a Global Village.
2. What About Our Changing Culture? From Ministry in a Modern World to Postmodern.
Part Two: Structural Issues.
3. What About the Church's Mission? From Coming to Going.
4. What About Church Growth? From Incremental to Exponential.
5. What About Church Models? Part One: From Congregations to Networks.
6. What About Church Models? Part Two: From Centralized to Decentralized.
7. What About Larger Gatherings? From One-Size-Fits-All to Tailored Groups for Effective Function.
Part Three: Pragmatic Concerns.
8. What About Evangelism? From Drawing Converts to Catalyzing Movements.
9. What About Baptism and Communion? From Sacerdotal Rituals to Apostolic Genius.
10. What About Kids? From a Scholastic Model to a Spiritual Family.
11. What About Heresy? From Better-Trained Pastors to Better-Trained People.
12. What About Finances? From Ten Percent to the Whole Enchilada.
Conclusion: What About My Church? From Being Educated to Being. Empowered.
Posted April 14, 2010
No text was provided for this review.