Church and Ministry Strategic Planning: From Concept to Success / Edition 1by William Winston, Robert E Stevens, David L Loudon, R Henry Migliore
Pub. Date: 01/28/1994
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
Spiritual management is required for spiritual organization, and yet a ministry’s master plan should be the Master’s plan for that ministry. Church and Ministry Strategic Planning assists readers in developing a Biblically based blueprint for carrying out the many activities in which the church or ministry is involved. The authors show clearly how… See more details below
Spiritual management is required for spiritual organization, and yet a ministry’s master plan should be the Master’s plan for that ministry. Church and Ministry Strategic Planning assists readers in developing a Biblically based blueprint for carrying out the many activities in which the church or ministry is involved. The authors show clearly how careful planning is inspired by the Scriptures (“Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it?”Luke 14:28) and how it improves making decisions today which ultimately affect the ministry’s effectiveness tomorrow.
Church and Ministry Strategic Planning covers all areas of this type of planning and can be read and reviewed quickly. Through the use of a model of the strategic planning process, the authors show how to develop mission statements, define strategic objectives, develop strategy options and operating strategies, appraise performance, and monitor strategic planning. Readers are led step-by-step through these key areas of creating a strategic plan. Examples and worksheets at the end of each chapter enable pastors, administrators, and lay leaders to develop a strategic plan fitting to their specific ministry or church. The appendixes provide tools used in planning as well as a complete sample strategic plan for a large church.
Put these concepts to immediate use in decisionmaking and pursue God’s purpose and vision for the church or ministry. If readers take the time and effort to study this book, apply its format, and prayerfully keep God in every step of the plan, here is what the authors believe plan administrators can expect:
1. A sense of enthusiasm in the church or ministry 2. A 5-year plan in writing to which everyone is committed 3. A sense of commitment by the entire church to its overall direction 4. Time for the leaders to do what they have been called to do 5. Clear job duties and responsibilities 6. Clear and evident improvement in the health and vitality of every member of the church staff 7. Measurable improvement in the personal lives of all those in responsible positions with time for vacations, family, and personal pursuits 8.The ability to measure very specifically, the growth and contribution made by senior pastors or evangelists at the close of their careers 9. Guaranteed leadership of the church or ministry because a plan is in placein writingand is understood. Even more importantly, a management team and philosophy will be in place to guide the church or ministry into its next era of growth
Explore this Biblical perspective on planning and develop a strategic plan that is systematic and continuous and allows the church or ministry to assess its market position, establish goals, objectives, priorities, and strategies to be completed within specified time periods, achieve greater staff and member commitment and teamwork aimed at meeting challenges and solving problems, and muster its resources to meet these changes through anticipation.
Table of Contents
- Biblical Perspectives of Planning
- Overview of Strategic Planning
- Defining Your Purpose
- Analysis and Assumptions
- Establishing Objectives
- Developing Strategy and Operational Plans
- Evaluation and Control Prodecures
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >