Church Unique: How Missional Leaders Cast Vision, Capture Culture, and Create Movement / Edition 1by Will Mancini
Pub. Date: 03/21/2008
Written by church consultant Will Mancini expert on a new kind of visioning process to help churches develop a stunningly unique model of ministry that leads to redemptive movement. He guides churches away from an internal focus to emphasize participation in their community and surrounding culture. In this important book, Mancini offers an approach for rethinking… See more details below
Written by church consultant Will Mancini expert on a new kind of visioning process to help churches develop a stunningly unique model of ministry that leads to redemptive movement. He guides churches away from an internal focus to emphasize participation in their community and surrounding culture. In this important book, Mancini offers an approach for rethinking what it means to lead with clarity as a visionary. Mancini explains that each church has a culture that reflects its particular values, thoughts, attitudes, and actions and shows how church leaders can unlock their church's individual DNA and unleash their congregation's one-of-a-kind potential.
Table of Contents
About Leadership Network.
PART ONE: RECASTING VISION.
1. Unoriginal Sin: Neglecting Uniqueness.
2. The Fall of Strategic Planning: Obscuring the Essence.
3. The Iniquity of Church Growth: Caging the Kingdom.
4. Lost Congregations: How Churches Adapt to the Vision Vacuum.
PART TWO: CLARIFYING VISION.
5. The Good News of Clarity: Why Believe in Vision Today?.
6. Clarity Pre-Evangelism: Softening Your Heart for Clarity.
7. The Alpha and Omega of Clarity: The Ultimate Source of Vision.
8. Hear the Cloud of Witnesses: Learning from Vision Legacies.
9. Discover Your Kingdom Concept: How to Ascertain Vision.
10. Take a Closer Look: Navigating Your Discovery Process.
PART THREE: ARTICULATING VISION.
11. See with New Eyes: Defining Your Vision Frame.
12. Carry the Holy Orders: Mission as Missional Mandate.
13. Feel the Common Heartbeat: Values as Missional Motives.
14. Show Me the Way: Strategy as Missional Map.
15. Talk the Walk: Measures as Missional Life Marks.
16. Frame the Future: Preparing for a Vision Lifestyle.
17. Speak with New Tongues: Articulating Vision Proper.
PART FOUR: ADVANCING VISION.
18. Wage War Against the Status Quo: From Articulation to Traction.
19. Meet Long in the Upper Room: The Secret of Attunement.
20. Transform the Future: Delivering Vision Daily.
21. Resurrect Your Uniqueness: If You Copy Someone Else's Vision, Who Will Accomplish Yours?.
Appendix A Logos and Strategy Icon Examples.
Appendix B Vision Path Examples.
About the Author.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
If you're a pastor, you need to read this book.