- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The new edition of bestselling CCNA 200-120 Cert Guide Library, Academic Edition by Wendell Odom textbook and study package for a beginner to intermediate-level networking course. The two books in this package: CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide, Academic Edition and CCNA ICND2 200-101 Official Cert Guide, Academic Edition have been completely revised to align to Cisco's new CCNA 200-120 exam. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing student's retention and recall of exam ...
The new edition of bestselling CCNA 200-120 Cert Guide Library, Academic Edition by Wendell Odom textbook and study package for a beginner to intermediate-level networking course. The two books in this package: CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide, Academic Edition and CCNA ICND2 200-101 Official Cert Guide, Academic Edition have been completely revised to align to Cisco's new CCNA 200-120 exam. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing student's retention and recall of exam topics. The books are printed in four color, allowing students to benefit from carefully crafted figures that utilize color to convey concepts. Students will organize their study through the use of the consistent features in the chapters, including:
• Foundation Topics – These sections make up the majority of the page count, explaining concepts, configurations, with emphasis on the theory and concepts, and with linking the theory to the meaning of the configuration commands.
• Key Topics – Inside the Foundation Topics sections, every figure, table, or list that should absolutely be understood and remembered for the exam is noted with the words “Key Topic” in the margin. This tool allows the reader to quickly review the most important details in each chapter.
• Chapter-ending Summaries – These bulleted lists provide a quick and concise review of the key topics covered in each chapter.
• Chapter-ending Review Questions – Each chapter provides a set of multiple choice questions that help student’s test their knowledge of the chapter concepts, including answers and full explanations.
• Chapter-ending Exercises – Each chapter concludes with a series of exercises designed to help students increase their retention of the chapter content including key term reviews, key topic tables, command review exercises, and memory table exercises.
• Part Reviews – This new edition includes a new part review feature that helps students consolidate their knowledge of concepts presented across multiple chapters. A new mind mapping exercise helps students build strong mental maps of concepts. A new exam bank of part review questions helps students test themselves with scenario-based questions that span multiple topics.
In addition to these powerful chapter learning, review, and practice features, this book also contains several other features that make it a truly effective and comprehensive study package, including:
• Getting Started chapters at the beginning of each book. These are great overviews of the books and offer terrific advice for how to build an effective study plan.
• The DVD contains over 150 minutes of video mentoring from the author on challenging topics such as CLI navigation, router configuration, switch basics, VLANs, subnetting, OSPF, EIGRP, EIGRP Metrics, PPP, and CHAP.
• The books come complete with the CCENT ICND1 and CCNA ICND2 Network Simulator Lite software, providing students with the opportunity to practice their hands-on command line interface skills with Cisco routers and switches. The 26 labs included for free with this product cover a range of IP addressing and EIGRP configuration and troubleshooting exercises.
• The Pearson IT Certification Practice Test software that comes with the books includes 4 full ICND1 exams, 4 full ICND2 exams and 8 full CCNA exams, providing tons of opportunities to assess and practice. Including the book review questions and part review questions, the exam banks includes more than 900 unique practice questions.
• This book also comes with free versions of the Premium Edition eBooks, allowing students to access the digital copies in PDF, EPUB, or Kindle format on their computer or mobile device.
• Final Preparation Chapters help students review for final exams and prepare to take the official Cisco CCNA exams, if they want to achieve that certification.
• Study Plan Templates are included on the DVD to help students organize their study time.
The 1 hour 14 minute presentation found at the following link was given by Wendell Odom to cover “Teaching the New CCENT ICND1 100-101 & CCNA ICND2 200-101 Exam Material.” http://bit.ly/OdomCCENTCCNA
Getting Started 3
Part I: Networking Fundamentals 12
Chapter 1 The TCP/IP and OSI Networking Models 15
Chapter 2 Fundamentals of Ethernet LANs 43
Chapter 3 Fundamentals of WANs 67
Chapter 4 Fundamentals of IPv4 Addressing and Routing 89
Chapter 5 Fundamentals of TCP/IP Transport and Applications 117
Part II: Ethernet LANs and Switches 140
Chapter 6 Building Ethernet LANs with Switches 143
Chapter 7 Installing and Operating Cisco LAN Switches 169
Chapter 8 Configuring Ethernet Switching 199
Chapter 9 Implementing Ethernet Virtual LANs 235
Chapter 10 Troubleshooting Ethernet LANs 265
Part III: IP Version 4 Addressing and Subnetting 302
Chapter 11 Perspectives on IPv4 Subnetting 305
Chapter 12 Analyzing Classful IPv4 Networks 331
Chapter 13 Analyzing Subnet Masks 349
Chapter 14 Analyzing Existing Subnets 369
Part IV: Implementing IP Version 4 400
Chapter 15 Operating Cisco Routers 403
Chapter 16 Configuring IPv4 Addresses and Routes 425
Chapter 17 Learning IPv4 Routes with OSPFv2 459
Chapter 18 Configuring and Verifying Host Connectivity 493
Part V: Advanced IPv4 Addressing Concepts 530
Chapter 19 Subnet Design 533
Chapter 20 Variable-Length Subnet Masks 561
Part VI: IPv4 Services 596
Chapter 22 Basic IPv4 Access Control Lists 599
Chapter 23 Advanced IPv4 ACLs and Device Security 623
Chapter 24 Network Address Translation 653
Part VII: IP Version 6 684
Chapter 25 Fundamentals of IP Version 6 687
Chapter 26 IPv6 Addressing and Subnetting 709
Chapter 27 Implementing IPv6 Addressing on Routers 731
Chapter 28 Implementing IPv6 Addressing on Hosts 755
Chapter 29 Implementing IPv6 Routing 779
Part VIII: Final Review 812
Chapter 30 Final Review 815
Part IX: Appendixes 832
Appendix A Numeric Reference Tables 835
Appendix B ICND1 Exam Upd ates 841
Appendix C: Answers to the “Do I Know This Already?” Quizzes
Appendix D: Practice for Chapter 12: Analyzing Classful IPv4 Networks
Appendix E: Practice for Chapter 13: Analyzing Subnet Masks
Appendix F: Practice for Chapter 14: Analyzing Existing Subnets
Appendix G: Practice for Chapter 19: Subnet Design
Appendix H: Practice for Chapter 20: Variable-Length Subnet Masks
Appendix I: Practice for Chapter 21: Route Summarization
Appendix J: Practice for Chapter 22: Basic IPv4 Access Control Lists
Appendix K: Practice for Chapter 25: Fundamentals of IP Version 6
Appendix L: Practice for Chapter 27: Implementing IPv6 Addressing on Routers
Appendix M: Memory Tables
Appendix N: Memory Tables Answer Key
Appendix O: Mind Map Solutions
Appendix P: Study Planner
Getting Started 3
Part I: LAN Switching 11
Chapter 1 Spanning Tree Protocol Concepts 13
Chapter 2 Spanning Tree Protocol Implementation 43
Chapter 3 Troubleshooting LAN Switching 77
Part II: IP Version 4 Routing 129
Chapter 4 Troubleshooting IPv4 Routing Part I 131
Chapter 5 Troubleshooting IPv4 Routing Part II 157
Chapter 6 Creating Redundant First-Hop Routers 183
Chapter 7 Virtual Private Networks 205
Part III: IP Version 4 Routing Protocols 229
Chapter 8 Implementing OSPF for IPv4 231
Chapter 9 Understanding EIGRP Concepts 267
Chapter 10 Implementing EIGRP for IPv4 291
Chapter 11 Troubleshooting IPv4 Routing Protocols 323
Part IV: Wide-Area Networks 357
Chapter 12 Implementing Point-to-Point WANs 359
Chapter 13 Understanding Frame Relay Concepts 389
Chapter 14 Implementing Frame Relay 409
Chapter 15 Identifying Other Types of WANs 445
Part V: IP Version 6 469
Chapter 16 Troubleshooting IPv6 Routing 471
Chapter 17 Implementing OSPF for IPv6 499
Chapter 18 Implementing EIGRP for IPv6 529
Part VI: Network Management 555
Chapter 19 Managing Network Devices 557
Chapter 20 Managing IOS Files 579
Chapter 21 Managing IOS Licensing 605
Part VII: Final Review 627
Chapter 22 Final Review 629
Part VIII: Appendixes 647
Appendix A Numeric Reference Tables 649
Appendix B ICND2 Exam Updates 657
Appendix C Answers to the “Do I Know This Already?” Quizzes
Appendix D Memory Tables
Appendix E Memory Tables Answer Key
Appendix F Mind Map Solutions
Appendix G Study Planner