Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Official Cert Guide Library, B&N Exclusive Editionby Wendell Odom
Cisco Press is the official publisher for the New CCENT & CCNA Routing and Switching Certifications. The New Edition of the Best-Selling two-book value priced CCNA Official Cert Guide Library includes Updated Content, New Exercises, 8 Practice Exams, and 150 Minutes of Video Training -- PLUS the CCENT and CCNA Network Simulator Lite Editions with 26 Free
Cisco Press is the official publisher for the New CCENT & CCNA Routing and Switching Certifications. The New Edition of the Best-Selling two-book value priced CCNA Official Cert Guide Library includes Updated Content, New Exercises, 8 Practice Exams, and 150 Minutes of Video Training -- PLUS the CCENT and CCNA Network Simulator Lite Editions with 26 Free Network Simulator Labs.
PLUS, This B&N exclusive edition contains a free copy of the Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 640-823 Official Cert Guide Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test (ISBN: 9780133367881), a $39.99 value. This Premium Edition contains four additional practice exams (2 ICND1 exams and 2 full CCNA exams) as well as a copy of the eBook in PDF, EPUB, and Mobi formats. The Pearson IT Certification practice test software is also enhanced with links from every question to the PDF eBook file.
CCNA 200-120 Official Cert Guide Library is a comprehensive review and package for the latest CCNA exams. The two books contained in this package, CCENT / CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide and CCNA ICND2 200-101 Official Cert Guide, present complete reviews and a more challenging and realistic preparation experience. The books have been fully updated to refresh the content for the latest CCNA exam topics and enhance certain key topics that are critical for exam success.
Best-selling author and expert instructor Wendell Odom shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills.
This complete study package includes
- B&N Exclusive Edition includes a free copy of the Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 640-823 Official Cert Guide Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test, a $39.99 value
- Do I Know This Already? quizzes, which enable you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section
- Chapter-ending and part-ending exercises, which help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly
- Troubleshooting sections, which help you master the complex scenarios you will face on the exam
- The powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test software, complete with hundreds of well-reviewed, exam-realistic questions, customization options, and detailed performance reports
- A free copy of the CCNA ICND1 and ICND2 Network Simulator Lite software, complete with meaningful lab exercises that help you hone your hands-on skills with the command-line interface for routers and switches
- More than 150 minutes of personal video mentoring from the author
- Final preparation chapters, which guide you through tools and resources to help you craft your review and test-taking strategies
- Study plan suggestions and templates to help you organize and optimize your study time
These official study guides help you master all the topics on the CCNA exams, including:
- Networking fundamentals
- Ethernet LANs and switches
- IPv4 addressing and subnetting
- Operating Cisco routers
- Configuring OSPF
- ACLs and NAT
- IPv6 fundamentals, implementation, and troubleshooting
- LAN switching
- IPv4 routing
- OSPF and EIGRP configuration and troubleshooting
- Wide area networks and Frame Relay
- Network management
Well regarded for its level of detail, study plans, assessment features, challenging review questions and exercises, video instruction, and hands-on labs, these official study guides help you master the concepts and techniques that ensure your exam success.
CCNA 200-120 Official Cert Guide Library is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press.
The DVDs contain two ICND1 practice exams, two ICND2 practice exams, four full CCNA practice exams, CCENT and CCNA Network Simulator Lite software, and 150 minutes of video training.
Includes Exclusive Offer for 70% Off Premium Edition eBook and Practice Tests
Includes 26 free CCNA Network Simulator labs:
1.Configuring IP Addresses I
2. Configuring IP Addresses II
3. Connected Routes
4. Static Routes I
5. Static Routes II
6. Subnet Zero
7. Loopback Interfaces
8. Subnet ID Calculation
9. IPv4 Address Rejection
10. IPv4 Route Selection
11. Subnetting and Addressing
12. Static Routing Configuration Scenario
13. Network Discovery Troubleshooting Scenario
1.EIGRP Serial Configuration I
2. EIGRP Serial Configuration II
3. EIGRP Serial Configuration III
4. EIGRP Frame Relay Configuration I
5. EIGRP Frame Relay Configuration II
6. EIGRP Route Tuning I
7. EIGRP Route Tuning II
8. EIGRP Neighbors II
9. EIGRP Neighbors III
10. EIGRP Configuration Scenario I
11. EIGRP Configuration Scenario II
12. EIGRP Metric Manipulation Configuration Scenario
13. Path Troubleshooting Scenario
Pearson IT Certification Practice Test minimum system requirements:
Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7, or Windows 8; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client; Pentium class 1GHz processor (or equivalent); 512 MB RAM; 650 MB disc space plus 50 MB for each downloaded practice exam
CCENT and CCNA Network Simulator Lite minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP (SP2/SP3), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit) with SP1, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit) or Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, or 10.8
- Intel® Pentium® III 1GHz or faster processor (Windows) or Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor (Mac)
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- 1.5 GB hard disk space
- 32-bit color depth at 1024 x 768 resolution
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 8.0 or higher
Other applications installed during installation:
- Adobe AIR 3.6.0
- Captive JRE 6
This volume is part of the Official Cert Guide series from Cisco Press. Books in this series provide officially developed exam preparation materials that offer assessment, review, and practice to help Cisco Career Certification candidates identify weaknesses, concentrate their study efforts, and enhance their confidence as exam day nears.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
These are some very well written books. I originally had the set for the 640-802 test. I have noticed some really good differences in these new ones. -Thorough getting started section -Addition of IPv6 material is going to be a good foundation for network professionals moving forward -OSPF is now referred to as OSPFv2, this is because of the addition to the much needed sections on OSPFv3 for IPv6 -Includes some excellent configuration examples with a comparison between the IPv4 and IPv6 way of doing things -FHRP's (First Hop Redundancy Protocols) are included i.e. HSRP, VRRP; this is awesome considering you will probably deal with this prior to reaching your CCNP studies -Implementing OSPF and EIGRP for IPv6 are excellent chapters considering that most people will be doing this soon if they haven't already -Sections on IOS licensing help understand how the products are working in the real world and where Cisco is going -Inclusion of NetFlow, SNMP, and Syslogs was also a very needed addition, these are also things many will see long before their CCNP studies -Mind maps are awesome! All in all these books have gone through some much needed updating and now include much more detail into what network professionals will see on a daily basis. Candidates will be better prepared for live networks or to implement their own after having gone through these books. Even if you already have your CCNA these books can still be very informative with their new information.
Cisco CCNA – Routing and Switching 200-120 Official Cert Library is the new addition to the Cisco press library to cover the latest CCNA exams announced and implemented recently. Wendell Odom is one of my favorite authors in Cisco Press publications. He is always detail oriented and covers the fundamentals very well. This new official Cert Guide Library covers the topics for ICND1 and ICND2 version 2 exams. Cisco always brings changes in the curriculum to fit the need of current networking Market. This package contains two books with DVDs. Cisco CCENT/CCNA book covers the fundamentals of networking (OSI Layers, IPv4 & IPv6 addressing, Routing and switching, IP services and Network management). CCNA Routing and switching book covers the actual implementation and troubleshooting of the above. CCENT book cover the basics of networking that anyone seeking employment at an entry level positions. This time they set the bar high by adding all the Routing and Switching elements of CCNA which was not covered in previous CCNA Libraries. CCENT/CCNA now has increased value than its previous version simply because the contents are more than just fundamentals of networking. I have seen lots of new stuff added in this book. Few of the topics are IPv4 and IPv6 troubleshooting Network Management Router and Switch Security IPsec VPN concepts VPN, OSPF ipv6 and EIGRP ipv6 Software licensing Managing IOS files Syslog, SNMP, NETFLOW, DHCP etc. Implementation and Troubleshooting chapters in second book (ICND2) are specifically on IPv4 and IPv6 are critical to today’s complex network environment. Author has done good job by focusing on troubleshooting. As usual the organization of chapters starts with Quiz and all important subtopics have been marked as “Key Topics”. I like the way that is defined. It gives you a kind of importance to read it carefully. All the Figures are very clear and “Note” on important points are the key to anyone preparing for their certification. About the content of the DVDs The DVD contains network simulator, practice questions and videos. I like the concept of “Mind Mapping”. Mind Mapping is the concept by which you can remember all the aspects of a particular topic. It enhances your understanding of the topic and helps you remember and relate each and everything that the topic. Overall, nobody could have done better job in covering latest Cisco CCNA topics than Wendell Odom. Explaining basic networking concept is an art. Wendell Odom has done an excellent job over the years.