- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book figures out ways to boil down critical exam and job landing concepts into real world applications and scenarios. Which makes this book user-friendly, interactive, and valuable as a resource long after students pass the exam. People who teach CISSP classes for a living or for their companies understand the true value of this book. You certainly will too.
To Prepare for the exam this book tells you:
- What you need to know about the CISSP Certification and exam
- Preparation Tips for passing the CISSP Certification Exam
- Taking tests
The book contains several suggestions on how preparing yourself for an interview. This is an aspect that many people underestimate, whilst having a well-written CV, a personal blog, and possibly a number of past projects is definitively important - there is much more to prepare for. It covers non-technical aspects (how to find a job, resume, behavioral etc.). A 'Must-study' before taking a Tech Interview.
To Land the Job, it gives you the hands-on and how-to's insight on
- Typical CISSP Careers
- Finding Opportunities - the best places to find them
- Writing Unbeatable Resumes and Cover Letters
- Acing the Interview
- What to Expect From Recruiters
- How employers hunt for Job-hunters.... and More
This book offers excellent, insightful advice for everyone from entry-level to senior professionals. None of the other such career guides compare with this one.
It stands out because it:
- Explains how the people doing the hiring think, so that you can win them over on paper and then in your interview
- Is filled with useful work-sheets
- Explains every step of the job-hunting process - from little-known ways for finding openings to getting ahead on the job
This book covers everything. Whether you are trying to get your first CISSP Job or move up in the system, you will be glad you got this book.
For any IT Professional who aspires to land a CISSP certified job at top tech companies, the key skills that are an absolute must have are having a firm grasp on CISSP This book is not only a compendium of most important topics for your CISSP exam and how to pass it, it also gives you an interviewer's perspective and it covers aspects like soft skills that most IT Professionals ignore or are unaware of, and this book certainly helps patch them.
When should you get this book? Whether you are searching for a job or not, the answer is now.