Civil Engineering Reference Manualby Michael R. Lindeburg
CERM is organized in general topic areas, corresponding to the/b>
The Civil Engineering Reference Manual (CERM) is the reference most engineers choose to prepare for and use during the civil PE exam. Comprehensive beyond any other exam-focused publication, CERM provides the topical review, the data tables, and other resources necessary to pass this exam.
CERM is organized in general topic areas, corresponding to the knowledge areas tested on the exam. Within these areas, 87 chapters break the topics down into manageable units. Each chapter provides a concise review of both the theoretical and the practical aspects of the topic. Throughout the text, solved example problems demonstrate how to apply what's being discussed.
Among the features CERM offers are:
- a thorough introduction to the current exam format, content, and organization
- a suggested study schedule, plus tips for successful preparation
- hundreds of solved example problems, reinforcing the concepts in the text
- hundreds of tables, charts, and figures providing data at your fingertips
- a full glossary of terms for quick reference during the exam
- an exhaustive, fully cross-referenced index, so you can locate information quickly and easily when the pressure is on
With the Reference Manual and its accompanying products, you can be confident you're using the best preparation materials available for this PE exam. CERM won't take the work out of the preparation process, but it will make your study time as productive as possible. The manual's breadth of coverage, combined with its excellent index and glossary, make it a valuable, time-saving reference--before, during, and after the exam.
"For the exam, CERM is a must.... It has nearly everything you could need, all wrapped up in one binding. It's certainly the most efficient and effective reference per square foot of space on the exam desktop." --Troy Carmann, PE
"I recently received word that I passed the Civil PE Exam. I would like to thank PPI for putting together an indispensable study guide.... I am glad that I made the right choice in what book to buy." --Allen Patrick, PE
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews