CIW Site Designer Certification Bible / Edition 1by Chelsea Valentine, Natanya Pitts
The only guide you need for CIW Site Designer exam success ... You're holding in your hands the most comprehensive and effective guide available for the CIW Site Designer exam. Two veteran Web design trainers provide incisive, crystal-clear explanations of every topic covered, highlighting exam-critical concepts and offering hands-on tips that will help you in your… See more details below
The only guide you need for CIW Site Designer exam success ... You're holding in your hands the most comprehensive and effective guide available for the CIW Site Designer exam. Two veteran Web design trainers provide incisive, crystal-clear explanations of every topic covered, highlighting exam-critical concepts and offering hands-on tips that will help you in your real-world Web design career. Throughout, they provide pre-tests, exam-style assessment questions, scenario problems, and lab exercises - everything you need to master the material and pass the exam. Inside, get complete coverage of Site Designer exam objectives
* Understand the ins and outs of page layout, site navigation, graphics, multimedia, and the development process
* Get a handle on HTML standards and compliance, tables, page structure, frames, and metadata
* Delve into cascading style sheets, plug-ins, and downloadable files
* Discover what you need to know about FrontPage, Dreamweaver, HomeSite, and Flash
* Get in-depth explanations about XML authoring, HTTP servers, and cookies
* Explore Web site publishing and database technologies
Test-Prep Tools on CD-ROM
* Hungry Minds test engine powered by top-rated Boson Software
* Macromedia trial versions of Dreamweaver, Flash, and HomeSite
* Adobe Photoshop and Adobe GoLive tryout versions
* Plus, Paint Shop Pro evaluation version, BBEdit and BBEdit Lite, XML Pro demo, and WS_FTP Pro trial version, and more!
Boson Software System Requirements: PC running Windows 9x/2000/Me/XP, Windows NT 4 or later; Power Macintosh running System 8.6 or later. See the About the CD appendix for details and complete system requirements. www.hungryminds.com
Table of Contents
PART I: Exploring Web Site Design Methodology.
Chapter 1: Basic Design Concepts.
Chapter 2: Page Layout and Design.
Chapter 3: Site Navigation.
Chapter 4: Graphics.
Chapter 5: Multimedia.
Chapter 6: The Development Process.
PART II: Understanding Web Site Design Technology.
Chapter 7: HTML Standards and Compliance.
Chapter 8: HTML Tables and Page Structure.
Chapter 9: HTML Frames and Site Design.
Chapter 10: Metadata in HTML.
Chapter 11: Cascading Style Sheets.
Chapter 12: Plug-Ins and Downloadable Files.
PART III: Using Web Site Development Tools.
Chapter 13: Microsoft FrontPage 2000.
Chapter 14: Macromedia Dreamweaver 3.0.
Chapter 15: Allaire HomeSite 4.5.
Chapter 16: Macromedia Flash 5.0 and Dynamic Media.
PART IV: Applying Advanced Design Technology.
Chapter 18: Java Applets in Web Pages.
Chapter 19: Extensible Markup Language and Authoring.
Chapter 20: HTTP Servers and Cookies.
Chapter 21: Web Site Publishing and Database Technology.
Appendix A: What's on the CD-ROM.
Appendix B: Objective Mapping.
Appendix C: Sample Exam.
Appendix D: Exam Tips.
Appendix E: HTML 4.01 Elements and Attributes.
Appendix F: CSS2 Properties and Values.
Appendix G: Design Resources, Style Guides, and References.
End-User License Agreement.
CD-ROM Installation Instructions.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >