Classical Homeopathy / Edition 1by Michael Carlston, Michael Carlston
Part of Micozzi's Medical Guides to Complementary and Alternative Medicine series, this practical text provides a thorough introduction to classical homeopathic medicine--incorporating its unique view of health and disease, its place in the health care system, and homeopathic clinical practice. It evaluates this alternative system of medicine in terms of its/i>… See more details below
Part of Micozzi's Medical Guides to Complementary and Alternative Medicine series, this practical text provides a thorough introduction to classical homeopathic medicine--incorporating its unique view of health and disease, its place in the health care system, and homeopathic clinical practice. It evaluates this alternative system of medicine in terms of its clinical, scientific, philosophical, sociological, and historical contexts. In addition to a well-referenced, evidence-based research chapter, the book also addresses the practice of homeopathy, pharmacology, and specific applications of homeopathy. With its emphasis on scientific research, including discussions of clinical trial design, homeopathic theory, and clinical applications, this book serves as an informed, rational critique of this controversial subject.
- This introduction to homeopathy is scientifically grounded, written in terms appropriate for health professionals.
- Well-referenced content is clinically relevant and evidence-based, lending validity to the text.
- An appendix on specific clinical applications of homeopathy provides practical information for those referring patients for homeopathic treatment.
- The unique, comprehensive compilation of information on homeopathic medicine enables faculty to use it as a stand-alone text for health sciences students.
- Logical organization allows a segmented approach to studying various aspects of homeopathic medicine.
- Research summary and methodology discussion is useful for researchers considering investigations into homeopathy
- Information on how homeopathy is practiced and the application of principles in the clinical setting helps clinicians and patients understand the process of seeing a homeopath.
- A pharmacy section provides information related to the pharmacological aspects of homeopathy.
Table of Contents1. Introduction
2. What is homeopathy?
3. History of homeopathic medicine
4. Homeopathy today
5. Global perspectives
6. Homeopathic research
7. Homeopathic Principles in Patient Care
8. Homeopathy In Primary Care
9. Homeopathic Education and Certification
10. Homeopathic pharmacy
11. The Future of Homeopathy
Appendix: Chopped Liver Homeopathy
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >