Florence Sakade is the editor and author of numerous books on Japan, including A Guide to Reading and Writing Japanese; Origami: Japanese Paper Folding; Kintaro's Adventures and Other Japanese Children's Favorite Stories; and Urashima Taro and Other Japanese Children's Stories.
Classical T'ai Chi Swordby Chiang Tao Chi, Petra Kobayashi, Toyo Kobayashi
In T'ai Chi Ch'uan, exercising with a sword has developed into an important art. In accordance with the principles of T'ai Chi Ch'uan, the sword practice is an exercise for good health and meditation in motion as well as a method of self-defense. It promotes the development and/b>
Learn the art of T'ai Chi swordsmanship with this illustrated martial arts book.
In T'ai Chi Ch'uan, exercising with a sword has developed into an important art. In accordance with the principles of T'ai Chi Ch'uan, the sword practice is an exercise for good health and meditation in motion as well as a method of self-defense. It promotes the development and the application of the inner energy ch'i. The study of the T'ai Chi sword is regarded as its own path which does not necessarily require the knowledge of the other forms of T'ai Chi. It offers a valuable source of concepts and new ideas for students of other martial arts, too, regardless of their backgrounds or current practice.
Classical T'ai Chi Sword presents a clearly illustrated introduction into the sword practice complete with photographs, diagrams, and step-by-step instructions. This Tai Chi book is the first basic work on this subject covering all its important aspects.
Classical T'ai Chi Sword features:
- A Brief History of the Chinese Sword
- Aspects of T'ai Chi Sword
- The History of Tai Chi Sword
- The Taoist Background
- Important Principles of Tai Chi Chuan
- Practicing Sword as an Exercise for Good Health
- Meditation; Posture; How to Move
- Energy—Ch'i Development; The Movement of Energy by Practicing the Sword Form
- Holding the Sword
- The Techniques in the Sword Form Sequence
- Remarks about Sword Fighting
- Individual and Partner Exercises with the Sword
- Steps to Learning—Difficulties Faced by Beginners in Practicing the Sword
- Comparison of Sword Forms
- List of the Positions in the Sword Form
- The Presentation of the Sword Form
- And more!
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >