Classroom Management, 3e / Edition 3by Paul Burden
Pub. Date: 01/05/2006
With this innovative book, teachers and prospective teachers will gain the skills needed to create a positive classroom community. It presents fundamental principles of classroom management and discipline along with ways to involve students in the creation of their learning environment. The new third edition reflects a practical, realistic view of teaching with the content being organized in a logical, sequential order. Standards are used to guide the development of new teachers, help inservice teachers improve their performance, and assess both teacher preparation and teacher performance.
Table of Contents
About the Author.
1. Understanding Management and Discipline in the Classroom.
2. Models of Discipline.
3. Preparing for the School Year.
4. Planning to Work with Parents.
5. Choosing Rules and Procedures.
6. Maintaining Appropriate Student Behavior.
7. Motivating Students to Learn.
8. Addressing Issues of Diversity.
9. Helping Students with Special Needs.
10. Planning and Conducting Instruction.
11. Responding to Inappropriate Behavior.
12. Dealing with Challenging or Violent Students.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >