Classroom Management: Models, Applications, and Cases / Edition 1by M. Lee Manning, Katherine T. Bucher, Katherine T. Bucher
Pub. Date: 08/29/2002
Classroom behavior problems have been around since we began educating children, and the challenges related to classroom management are likely to grow more acute in future decades. This book provides information and activities designed to help teachers develop their own management philosophy based on their style, their goals, and their understanding of how to create a safe and supportive learning environment for every student. It offers a models approach; thorough coverage of classroom management theories and models; thoughtful discussion of diversity in the classroom and the "safe school" movement; and practical ideas for how to manage a wide variety of classrooms. For future teachers and administrators.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
PART I: UNDERSTANDING THE NEED FOR CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT.
PART II: UNDERSTANDING CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT THEORIES.
3. Exploring the Theories of Assertive Discipline: Lee Canter and Marlene Canter.
4. Exploring the Theories of Democratic Teaching: Rudolf Driekurs.
5. Exploring the Theories of Haim Ginott.
6. Exploring the Theories of Instructional Management: Jacob Kounin.
7. Exploring the Theories of Discipline With Dignity: Richard Curwin and Allen Mendler.
8. Exploring the Theories of Positive Classroom Management: Frederic Jones.
9. Exploring the Theories of Inner Discipline: Barbara Coloroso.
10. Exploring the Theories of Consistency Management: Jerome Freiberg.
11. Exploring the Theories of Judicious Discipline: Forrest Gathercoal.
12. Introducing Additional Theorists: Albert, Everston and Harris, Johnson and Johnson, Nelson, Lott and Glenn, and Kohn.
PART III: BUILDING A PERSONAL CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT PLAN.
14. Developing Your Personal Classroom Management Philosophy.
15. Applying a Management Philosophy in Your Classroom.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >