Classroom Teaching: A Primer for New Professionals / Edition 1by Andrea M. Guillaume
Pub. Date: 05/10/1999
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This practical book is a brief introduction to teaching for grades K-12. It takes the approach that teaching practice is constructed by the individual, must be conceptually sound, and must consider the context and the learner. Offers a constructivist approach that invites readers to build their own understanding of teaching by using experiences and personal strengths. Includes warm-up exercises that help readers activate prior knowledge to connect to chapter content. Includes charts and checksheets to fill out. For teachers and administrators of K-12.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.38(w) x 10.82(h) x 0.41(d)
Table of Contents1. The Nature of Teaching.
2. Developing a Personal Stance toward Education.
4. Advice on Instruction: Come In.
5. Instructional Strategies.
7. Managing the Learning Environment.
8. Encouraging Appropriate Behavior.
9. Professional Responses to Learner Diversity.
10. Growing in Your Profession.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >