Cleanroom Design / Edition 2by William Whyte, Whyte
Demand for cleanrooms is flourishing as manufacturing becomes increasingly sophisticated. From computers and CD players to medicines and convenience foods, more and more products require high levels of contamination control. Fully revised and updated, Cleanroom Design, Second Edition presents the latest advances in the field. Written by a highly experienced team of… See more details below
Demand for cleanrooms is flourishing as manufacturing becomes increasingly sophisticated. From computers and CD players to medicines and convenience foods, more and more products require high levels of contamination control. Fully revised and updated, Cleanroom Design, Second Edition presents the latest advances in the field. Written by a highly experienced team of international authors, the broad coverage encompasses the design of cleanrooms for the microelectronics, pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology industries. Features include:
* New chapter on the design of medical devices featuring configurations for heart pacemakers and aortic bioprostheses
* Examination of the international standards for the design of cleanrooms providing the designer with a concise information source
* Discussion of cost-efficiency and energy-saving concepts such as minimizing the air flow rate and the impact of mini-environments
* Section on high efficiency air filtration looking at filter standards and testing
* Practical guidance on construction materials and surface finishes, pipework design, the production and transmission of high purity gases and water purification techniques
Based on practical industrial experience, this clear and informative guide will be a boon to all involved in the design of cleanrooms.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.91(w) x 9.72(h) x 0.95(d)
Table of Contents
An Introduction to the Design of Clean and Containment Areas (W. Whyte).
International Standards for the Design of Cleanrooms (?. Müller).
The Design of Cleanrooms for the Microelectronics Industry (J. King).
The Design of Cleanrooms for the Pharmaceutical Industry (G. Farquharson & W. Whyte).
The Design of Cleanrooms for the Medical Device Industry (H. Schicht).
Contamination Control Facilities for the Biotechnology Industry (P. Tubito & T. Latham).
Cost-Efficiency and Energy-Saving Concepts for Cleanrooms (H. Schicht).
High Efficiency Air Filtration (S. Klocke & W. Whyte).
Construction Materials and Surface Finishes for Cleanrooms (E. Sirch).
Purification Techniques for Clean Water (T. Hodgkiess).
The Design of an Ultra-Pure Water System for Use in the Manufacture of Integrated Circuits (R. Galbraith).
The Production and Transmission of High Purity Gases for the Semiconductor Industry (R. Galbraith).
Materials for Services Pipework (T. Hodgkiess).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >