Client/Server Information Systems: A Business-Oriented Approach / Edition 1by James E. Goldman, Phillip T. Rawles, Julie R. Mariga
A Complete Guide to Client/Server Architecture and Client/Server Applications-From the Premier Author in the Field! This flexible new book offers hands-on coverage of client/server architecture and client/server applications. Its practical, business-oriented emphasis fully explains everything you need to know without overwhelming you with technical detail! This… See more details below
A Complete Guide to Client/Server Architecture and Client/Server Applications-From the Premier Author in the Field! This flexible new book offers hands-on coverage of client/server architecture and client/server applications. Its practical, business-oriented emphasis fully explains everything you need to know without overwhelming you with technical detail! This practical guide offers:
* Complete coverage of application development as well as the network infrastructure over which applications are deployed
* Thorough-but not too technical!-coverage of all hardware and technology you need to understand
* Cases that detail the experiences of real companies as they implement client/server systems
* A hands-on, business-oriented emphasis that includes that includes coverage of how to integrate intranets, Extranets and the Internet
* Invaluable tips on the management and security of client/server systems not found in other books!
By the same Author Local Area Networks: A Client/Server Approach (0-471-14162-3) Applied Data Communications, 2/E (0-471-17067-4)
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.95(w) x 10.02(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
CLIENT/SERVER ARCHITECTURES AND INFRASTRUCTURE.
Introduction to Client/
Server Information Systems and Architectures.
Server Hardware and Software.
CLIENT/SERVER APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT AND DEPLOYMENT.
Integration of Internet, Intranet, and Web-Based Technologies within Client/Server Systems.
Client/Server Application Development and Integration.
Local Area Network Operating Systems.
Wide Area Networking Concepts, Architectures, and Services.
Remote Access and Wireless Networking.
CLIENT/SERVER INFORMATION SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION.
Client/Server Information Systems Management.
Client/Server Information Systems Security.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >