CliffsQuickReview course guides cover the essentials of your toughest classes. Get a firm grip on core concepts and key material, and test your newfound knowledge with review questions.
CliffsQuickReview U.S. History I provides you with an overview of United States history from before the colonial period through the end of Reconstruction. You can use this in-depth reference as a supplement to your textbook and classroom lectures, or you can use it as an at-a-glance reference. As you work your way through this review, you'll be ready to tackle such concepts as
- Exploring the "New World": Knowing the first inhabitants of the Western Hemisphere
- Exploration and early colonization: From Christopher Columbus's voyage to the early English settlements
- Colonial settlements of the 17th and 18th centuries: From Plymouth to the 13 original colonies
- The American Revolution: From early discontent to the War for Independence and the drafting of the U.S. Constitution
- The development of a new nation: The early presidents, the institution of slavery, and the Civil War
- The Reconstruction: The freedom for slaves and the presidency of Ulysses S. Grant
With titles available for all the most popular high school and college courses, CliffsQuickReview guides are a comprehensive resource that can help you get the best possible grades.