Test Prep Essentials from the Experts at CliffsNotes Jerry Bobrow, Ph.D. is an award-winning educator and author. He is a national authority in the field of test preparation and has been administering the test preparation programs for most California state universities for the past 29 years. Each and every year he administers over 500 programs assisting over 17,000 students in preparing for standardized exams. Dr. Bobrow has authored over 30 national best-selling test preparation books including Cliffs Preparation Guides for the MSAT, GRE, GMAT, SAT I/PSAT, CBEST, NTE, PPST, ELM, GED and ACT tests.
CliffsTestPrep GRE General Testby Jerry Bobrow Ph.D.
CliffsTestPrep GRE General Test will thoroughly prepare you for the GRE (Graduate Record Examination). Whether you're a professional/i>
The CliffsTestPrep series offers full-length practice exams that simulate the real tests; proven test-taking strategies to increase your chances at doing well; and thorough review exercises to help fill in any knowledge gaps.
CliffsTestPrep GRE General Test will thoroughly prepare you for the GRE (Graduate Record Examination). Whether you're a professional who wants to become more marketable or a student looking to do advanced work in your major or seeking specialized training, this easy-to-use study guide is for you. Inside, you'll find
- The format and an overview of the GRE, including tips on using the interactive tutorials
- Practice questions, answers, and explanations in each chapter
- Charts to help you analyze your study-guide test results and spot your weaknesses
- A step-by-step "plan of attack" for each exam section
This guide outlines a logical approach to the GRE by clearly stating which ability is being tested, the basic skills you need, a close look at the directions, and suggestions on how to approach the exam. CliffsTestPrep GRE General Test can help you tune your knowledge of
- Analytical writing. Present your perspective on an issue; analyze an argument
- Verbal skills. Review prefixes, suffixes, roots, and word lists; practice antonyms, analogies, and reading comprehension
- Quantitative comparison. Use mathematical insight and common sense to compare data
- Math. Review charts, tables, and graphs; symbols, terminology, and formulas; arithmetic, algebra, and geometry
With guidance from the CliffsTestPrep series, you'll feel at home in any standardized-test environment!
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >