Achim Steiner UNEP Executive Director
Part I: Energy Insecurity: Challenges to Future Energy Stability
1. The Challenge of Climate Change from a Developing Country
2. Energy Consumption Challenge of the Industrialised World
3. Oil: How Can Europe Kick the Habitat of Dependence?
4. The Nuclear Option
5. Bioenergy - Neither Golden Solution Nor Prescription for Disaster
6. Localised Energy Conflicts, Oil Sector
Part II: Climate Insecurity: A Challenge to Peace, Security and Development
1. Creating a Climate of Security - The Latest Science and Acceptable Risk
2. Climate of Fear: Environment, Migration and Security
3. Changing Economics
4. Water Scenarios - 'The Unpredictable Flow'
5. Handling, or Nor Handling Food Security
6. Climate Change and Biodiversity Loss: The Great New Threats to Peace, Security and Development
7. Climate Change: A New Threat To Middle East Security
8. At The Water's Edge: Climate Justice, Small Islands And Sustainable Development
Part III: Governing Climate and Energy Instability: Avenues for Preventative Diplomacy
1. Climate Risks and Insecurities
2. A Multilateral System for Human and Environmental Security: What Roles for Existing Institutions?
3. Who Decides? The Role of the United Nations and Security Council in Addressing Climate and Energy Insecurity
4. Financing the Low Carbon Transition in Developing Countries: The Role of Multi-Lateral Development Banks
5. European Union Response to the Challenge
6. Sub-National Climate Change Action Model for the World
7. A Green New Deal: Poverty Reduction and Economic Stability in a Carbon Constrained World
8. Energy, Climate Change & Human Security: The Trade Union Challenge
9. What Is a Credible Corporate Response to Climate Change?
10. Taking Action - Financing the Technology Challenge