2. Bell’s palsy
3. Motor vehicle accident, including seat belt injuries
4. Cervicocraniomandibular dysfunction (CCMD)
5. Chronic cervical pain with associated upper extremity neuropathy
6. Lazy or misdirected eye; crossed eyes
7. Cervical post-surgery with difficulty swallowing
8. Cervical pain with headache
9. Dizziness and vertigo
10. Tongue thrust and swallowing difficulties
11. Upper extremity compression injury with neural symptoms
12. Shoulder differential assessment
13. Lateral epicondylitis
14. Wrist pain/carpal tunnel syndrome
15. Upper extremity nerve entrapment
16. Thoracic and chest pain – chronic
17. Breast cancer: post-surgical rehabilitation
18. Abdominal pain – general
19. Low back pain
20. Idiopathic scoliosis
21. Sacroiliac joint pain and dysfunction
22. Chronic respiratory in children with allergies
23. Acute chest pain
24. Sciatica with restless leg
25. Knee pain with patellofemoral tracking disorders
26. Foot pain – chronic
27. Ankle pain (chronic) with associated low back pain
28. Altered gait
29. Abdominal pain following abdominal surgery
30. Hip injury (post-surgical) with hemiplegic gait
31. Hip and sacroiliac joint pain with unstable pelvis
32. Sporting injury of the knee
34. Disrupted sacroiliac joint capsule with associated myofascial compensation
Clinical Application of Neuromuscular Techniques: Practical Case Study Exercises / Edition 1by Leon Chaitow, Judith DeLany
Pub. Date: 12/13/2005
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The perfect companion to the two volumes of Clinical Application of Neuromuscular Techniques, this guide to case exercises helps readers understand how to use neuromuscular techniques in specific clinical scenarios. It presents a series of 34 individual case histories, differential diagnosis discussions, and questions cross-referenced to the page or section of the
The perfect companion to the two volumes of Clinical Application of Neuromuscular Techniques, this guide to case exercises helps readers understand how to use neuromuscular techniques in specific clinical scenarios. It presents a series of 34 individual case histories, differential diagnosis discussions, and questions cross-referenced to the page or section of the textbook where answers can be found. Cases simulate the types of problems typically encountered in neuromuscular therapy practice, selected from a series of case histories submitted by experienced NMT practitioners. This innovative resource emphasizes and promotes a multidisciplinary approach to practice, pointing out when it may be appropriate to refer to other practitioners or explore an alternate course of action.
• Edited by the authors of the two volumes of Clinical Application of Neuromuscular Techniques.
• Presents 34 case histories that simulate the types of cases typically seen in neuromuscular therapy practice.
• Includes details of each case similar to the information load a patient would present at the first therapy session such as a patient profile, health history, presenting complaints, contributing factors, and clinical evidence.
• Follows up each case with a series of questions that prompt the reader to consider contraindications, additional tests, and pertinent details necessary to effectively and safely address the presenting condition.
• Offers suggestions on developing a plan of action for each case.
• Cross-references highlighted keywords to the index of each textbook so readers can easily access details associated with particular tests, concepts, and protocols.
• Includes additional boxed information, illustrations, and red flag warnings associated with each discussion.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews