- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Winner of the AJN Book of the Year Award. Develop the skills you need to supervise UAPs safely and confidently with this unique how-to guide that includes fundamentals of effective delegation; explanations of state nurse practice acts; dozens of real-life situations from all clinical settings; and exercises to help you apply what you've learned. Learn how to delegate effectively with this easy-to-use learning tool for individual study or inservice training. Clinical Delegation Skills will help develop confidence in the ability to delegate effectively minimize risksunderstand what can be delegated and what must be retained as professional responsibilitydiscover how to recognize and validate the competence of the individual to whom you assign tasksunderstand the risks and liabilities associated with delegation.
Contents: The Overall Process of Delegation
• Know Your World: Why Are These Changes in My Practice Happening to Me?
• Know Your Practice: Is My License on the Line?
• Know Your Organization: What About Where I Work?
• Know Yourself: What Personal Barriers Must I Overcome to Realize the Benefits of Effective Delegation?
• Know What Needs to Be Done: If I Delegate All My Tasks, What's Left for Me to Do?
• Know Your Delegate: How Can I Determine the Right Delegate for the Job?
• How Can I Communicate So that the Work Gets Done Right?
• How Can I Get My Coworkers to Work with Me as a Team?
• Resolving Conflict
• In the Beginning
• The Unionized Organization and Delegation
• The Mission Statement
• The Organizational Structure
• The Quality Program
• Safety in Practice
• Educational Resources
• KNOW YOURSELF: WHAT PERSONAL BARRIERS MUST I OVERCOME TO REALIZE THE BENEFITS OF DELEGATION?
• Exploring Barriers
• Determining the Potential Benefits
• KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE
• Defining the Role
• The PTA Model
• Getting the Job Done
• KNOW YOUR DELEGATE
• Who are the Delegates?
• Assessing the Roles Played
• Official Expectations