Clinical Doppler Ultrasound / Edition 2by Paul L Allan, W. Norman McDicken, Myron A. Pozniak, Paul A. Dubbins
Pub. Date: 09/20/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The imaging possibilities of Doppler ultrasound have revolutionized radiology. This highly practical guide provides the tools you need to navigate this constantly evolving technology with confidence and skill. The major applications of Doppler ultrasound, including examination techniques and the interpretation of results, are discussed in an accessible, reader-friendly manner, making the book an ideal reference for all radiologists who wish to update and expand their knowledge and skills.
- Discusses everything you need to know from anatomy, scanning, and technique, to normal and abnormal findings and their interpretation.
- Explains both the advantages and the limitations of using Doppler imaging so you can make an informed decision every time.
- Covers the basic principles behind the techniques so you can understand the why as well as the how.
- Contains detailed protocols for acquiring optimal images and avoiding errors.
- Uses 450 high-quality illustrations to bring techniques to life.
- Includes a bonus CD-ROM containing real-time videos of Doppler imaging to further demonstrate key techniques and diagnoses.
- Contains new chapters on ultrasonic echo-enhancing agents and the ultrasound of transplants.
- Presents the latest developments in scanning technologies such as harmonic imaging and pulse inversion.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents1. Physics - Principles, Practice and Artefacts.
2. Haemodynamics and Blood Flow.
3. The Carotid and Vertebral Arteries and Transcranial Colour Doppler.
4. The Peripheral Arteries.
5. The Peripheral Veins.
6. The Aorta and Inferior Vena Cava.
7. Doppler Ultrasound of the Liver.
8. The Kidney.
9. Doppler Ultrasound Evaluation of Renal Transplantation.
10. Doppler Imaging of the Prostate.
11. Doppler Imaging of the Penis.
12. The Scrotum.
13. The Female Pelvis.
14. Clinical Applications of Doppler Ultrasound in Obstetrics.
15. Appendix: System Controls and Their Uses.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >