- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
- Opens with two important chapters on health behavior theories and behavior change, topics often not covered in other texts.
- Provides an overview of the anatomy and physiology of the various systems to be covered prior to the chapters that discuss the application of exercise prescription to the diseases or conditions related to the specific system.
- A unique chapter on pregnancy outlines the specialized exercise prescription program for expecting mothers.
- A robust pedagogy includes key concept chapter openers, end-of-chapter review questions, key words and definitions, bibliography, and comprehensive tables and figures throughout the text.
- Case studies help students apply critical thinking skills to specific prescriptions.