Clinical Hematology Atlas / Edition 4by Bernadette F. Rodak, Jacqueline H. Carr
Pub. Date: 04/17/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
An excellent companion to Rodak's Hematology: Clinical Principles & Applications, this atlas is ideal for helping you accurately identify cells at the microscope. It offers complete coverage of the basics of hematologic morphology, including examination of the peripheral blood smear, basic maturation of the blood cell lines, and discussions of a variety/i>
An excellent companion to Rodak's Hematology: Clinical Principles & Applications, this atlas is ideal for helping you accurately identify cells at the microscope. It offers complete coverage of the basics of hematologic morphology, including examination of the peripheral blood smear, basic maturation of the blood cell lines, and discussions of a variety of clinical disorders. Over 400 photomicrographs, schematic diagrams, and electron micrographs visually clarify hematology from normal cell maturation to the development of various pathologies.
• Normal Newborn Peripheral Blood Morphology chapter covers the unique normal cells found in neonatal blood.
• A variety of high-quality schematic diagrams, photomicrographs, and electron micrographs visually reinforce your understanding of hematologic cellular morphology.
• Spiral binding and compact size make this book easy to use in a laboratory setting.
• Coverage of common cytochemical stains, along with a summary chart for interpretation, aids in classifying malignant and benign leukoproliferative disorders.
• Morphologic abnormalities are presented in chapters on erythrocytes and leukocytes, along with a schematic description of each cell, to provide correlations to various disease states.
• Body Fluids chapter covers the other fluids found in the body besides blood, using images from cytocentrifuged specimens.
• Updated information on the subtypes of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) helps you recognize variant forms of CLL you may encounter in the lab.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.16(w) x 7.48(h) x 0.46(d)
Table of Contents
Section 1: Introduction
1. Introduction to Peripheral Blood Smear Examination
Section 2: Hematopoiesis
3. Erythroid Maturation
4. Megakaryocyte Maturation
5. Myeloid Maturation
6. Monocyte Maturation
7. Eosinophil Maturation
8. Basophil Maturation
9. Lymphoid Maturation
Section 3: Erythrocytes
10. Variations in Size and Color of Erythrocytes
11. Variations in Shape and Distribution of Erythrocytes
12. Inclusions in Erythrocytes
13. Diseases Affecting Erythrocytes
Section 4: Leukocytes
14. Nuclear and Cytoplasmic Changes in Leukocytes
15. Acute Myeloid Leukemia
16. Precursor Lymphoid Neoplasms
17. Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
18. Myelodysplastic Syndromes
19. Mature Lymphoproliferative Disorders
20. Morphologic Changes after Myeloid Hemopoietic Growth Factors
Section 5: Miscellaneous
22. Miscellaneous Cells
23. Normal Newborn Peripheral Blood Morphology
Section 6: Body Fluids
24. Body Fluids
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >