- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Norwich, United Kingdom
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
An essential, system-by-system guide to the clinical examination of children, within the postgraduate exam context.
• concise, notation style - easy to study from
• systems approach - ensures inclusive coverage of all important syndromes
• includes throughout tips for handling examiners and dealing with uncooperative children in the exam setting - provides the reassurance that exam candidates need
• improved layout and style - more headings and subheadings, bullet points and boxes - the layout before was old-fashioned and not very user-friendly
• 50 new illustrations and flow diagrams - to improve appearance and aid learning
• new, very keen author (Waring) has joined the team for this edition, bringing fresh ideas and enthusiasm and recent experience of sitting the exam - should ensure that the book is much more relevant and attractive to read and learn from
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
Introduction. Long case. The cardiovascular system. The respiratory system. The abdomen. Growth and endocrinology. The nervous system. The developmental examination. Skin. The musculoskeletal system. Common exam syndromes. The neonate. The oral examination. Appendix. Index. General advice on examining children.