Clinical Parasitology: A Practical Approach / Edition 2by Elizabeth Zeibig
Pub. Date: 11/19/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Now in full color, the second edition of Clinical Parasitology provides you with all of the information needed to perform, read, and interpret parasitology tests in a clear and understandable way. The user-friendly design, extensive illustrations, pedagogical features and clear descriptions of look-a-like parasites will help you better hone your skills and… See more details below
Now in full color, the second edition of Clinical Parasitology provides you with all of the information needed to perform, read, and interpret parasitology tests in a clear and understandable way. The user-friendly design, extensive illustrations, pedagogical features and clear descriptions of look-a-like parasites will help you better hone your skills and confidently perform clinical procedures.
• Thorough descriptions of the different forms of parasites within that organism type aid in classification.
• Characteristics at a Glance tables cover the most medically important parasite forms and include comparison drawings of look alike parasites.
• Test Your Knowledge! review questions enhance review and retention of chapter content.
• Numerous detailed drawings, with structures labeled illustrate the information in an easy-to-understand format.
• Individual parasite descriptions include concise information on life cycles, epidemiology, clinical symptomatology, laboratory diagnosis, treatment, prevention and control, notes of interest, and new trends.
• Increased number of case studies offers more opportunities for application of chapter content to real-life scenarios.
• Identification worksheets let you make your own drawings of parasites.
• NEW! Full-color design throughout the book provides a more accessible look and feel.
• NEW! Quick Quizzes, or periodic self-assessments, are included in each chapter to assess your knowledge.
• NEW! Student resources on the Evolve companion website feature additional case studies, interactive quizzes, and a veterinary parasitology reference guide.
• NEW! Focusing In boxes and Looking Back boxes, offer helpful chapter introductions and chapter summaries respectively.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.20(w) x 7.40(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction Chapter 2 Specimen Collection and Processing Chapter 3 The Amebas Chapter 4 The Flagellates Chapter 5 The Hemoflagellates Chapter 6 Select Sporozoa: Plasmodium and Babesia Chapter 7 Miscellaneous Protozoa Chapter 8 The Nematodes Chapter 9 The Filiariae Chapter 10 The Cestodes Chapter 11 The Trematodes Chapter 12 Artifacts and Confusers Chapter 13 The Arthropods Appendix A Glossary Appendix B Answers to Under the Microscope Case Studies Appendix C Answers to Quick Quiz Questions Appendix D Answers to Test Your Knowledge Questions Appendix E Bibliography
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >