Dr. Bagheri is now part of a large group practice in Atlanta Georgia where he is involved with the residency training program at Emory University as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery. Upon completing his residency and medical school training at Emory University, Bagheri entered a fellowship in craniomaxillofacial trauma and cosmetic surgery at Head and Neck Surgical Associates and Legacy Emanuel Hospital in Portland, Oregon. He is a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, and he participates in both clinical and academic research within the specialty.
Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeryby Shahrokh C. Bagheri, Chris Jo
With cases reflecting the classic presentation format of each disease process, this book prepares students for patient encounters during their oral and maxillofacial surgery rotations. It also helps residents learn and review "high yield" material that is commonly found in oral and maxillofacial training and on board examinations. It highlights clinical information that is commonly asked during rounds, in the operating room, and during examinations. For each case, it includes an overview of the most common clinical presentation, physical exam findings, diagnostic tools, complications, treatment, and a discussion of any controversial issues that may surround the case. The authors describe Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery as "A little reach for the dental student, right on target for the OMS resident, and a strong refresher for OMS board certification."
- Case-based format prepares students and residents to pass the OMSSAT, with the Table of Contents corresponding to the exam's categories and questions.
- 95 clinical cases focus on essential information regarding each disease process.
- Detailed illustrations -- including radiographs and clinical photographs or drawings -- provide a visual guide to conditions, techniques, diagnoses, and key concepts.
- A companion CD-ROM features two timed, OMSSAT-style mock exams, with each question including the correct answer, the rationale, and a textbook reference.
- Contributing authors include recent graduates or senior residents in oral and maxillofacial surgery, so they are fully cognizant of students' and residents' needs as they prepare for cases, exams, and surgical procedures.
- Complements other Elsevier books such as Peterson: Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Fonseca: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and Ward Booth: Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 16 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >