Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: A Case-based Approach / Edition 2by Shahrokh C. Bagheri
Pub. Date: 12/03/2013
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Organized around real patient scenarios, Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: A Case-based Approach, 2nd Edition, covers all the material you need to know for the board, in-service, and certification exams, while also preparing you to handle common patient situations in professional practice. Over 100 teaching cases are brought to life with an
Organized around real patient scenarios, Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: A Case-based Approach, 2nd Edition, covers all the material you need to know for the board, in-service, and certification exams, while also preparing you to handle common patient situations in professional practice. Over 100 teaching cases are brought to life with an overview of the most common clinical presentations, physical examination findings, diagnostic tools, complications, treatments, and discussions of possible issues. This text covers the full scope of modern oral and maxillofacial surgery, while helping you focus on the conditions and disorders which are the most common, or have significant implications for modern clinical practice.
"I found this book expressly informative...I would most definitely recommend this book" Reviewed by British Dental Journal, Dec 2014
• Case-based approach incorporates teaching around real patient scenarios to actively engage and raise your interest and retention of the information.
• 103 cases, many of which are new, represent the full scope of modern oral and maxillofacial surgery practice to encompass the most common and significant implications for modern clinical practice, including content emphasized on OMS boards and training exams.
• Detailed illustrations including one or more radiographs, full-color clinical photographs, or drawings for the majority of cases provide a visual guide to conditions, techniques, diagnoses, and key concepts that will further enhance your understanding and retention of all content.
• Content that’s perfect for all levels of study or practice covers both concepts and techniques that residents and pre-doctoral students can apply in the clinical setting, and the preparation tools necessary for oral and maxillofacial surgery boards and training/certification examinations.
• NEW! Full-color illustrations and photos give you a better pictures of common surgical techniques and pathology.
• NEW! Chapter 6: Dental Implant Surgery discusses the contemporary issues related to dental implants specifically the routine placement of maxillary and mandibular implants, sinus augmentation, zygoma implants, treatment of edentulism, guided implant surgery, extraction socket preservation, and implantology for the esthetic zone.
• NEW! Section on cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) highlights the role of imaging from diagnosis to image guidance for many surgical procedures.
• NEW! Section on the advantages of computer assisted surgery highlights virtual surgical planning for a patient who presents for combined surgical and orthodontic correction of his facial asymmetry and apertognathia.
• NEW! Section on trigeminal neuralgia (TN) walks you through the diagnosis and possible treatments for a patient suffering from trigeminal neuralgia, the signs and symptoms that uniquely define the disorder, and the clinician’s ability to recognize the specific diagnostic pattern.
• NEW! Section on neck dissection, an important aspect of head and neck cancer treatment, provides a case that involves a patient in which right selective neck dissection (I-III) was conducted on the right neck and a selective left neck dissection (I-V) was completed on the left side.
• NEW! Section on dentoalveolar trauma presents a new case that takes you through diagnosing and treating a patient who presents with anterior maxillary alveolar segment fractures involving teeth #7-9, with lateral luxation and Ellis class III fracture tooth of #9, and an intraoral laceration of the upper lip.
• NEW! Section on nasal septoplasty addresses a patient with a severely deviated nasal septum to the left, involving the quadrangular cartilage and the bony septum and how septoplasty can make a dramatic change in the patient's quality of life, by facilitating nasal airflow, allowing for better spontaneous drainage of the paranasal sinuses, possibly reducing mouth breathing, and reducing or eliminating the symptoms of snoring, and perhaps lessening the severity of the obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
1. Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Multilocular Radiolucent Lesion in the Pericoronal Region (Keratocystic Odontogenic Tumor) (Odontogenic Keratocyst) Unilocular Radiolucent Lesion of the Mandible Multilocular Radiolucent Lesion in the Periapical Region (Ameloblastoma) Unilocular Radiolucent Lesion in a Periapical Region (Periapical Cyst) Mixed Radiolucent-Radiopaque Lesion (Ossifying Fibroma) Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
2. Pharmacology Penicillin Allergy/Anaphylaxis Antibiotic-Associated Colitis Drug-Seeking Behavior Acute Acetaminophen Toxicity Opioid Side Effects Drug Induced Bisphosphanate Osteonecrosis Non-Drug Induced Bisphosphanate Osteonecrosis
3. Anesthesia Laryngospasm Perioperative Considerations Of The Pregnant Patient Respiratory Depression Secondary To Oversedation Inadequate Local Anesthesia Trigeminal Neuralgia Malignant Hyperthermia Emergent Surgical Airway
4. Oral and Maxillofacial Infections Ludwig’s Angina Buccal and Vestibular Space Abscess Lateral Pharyngeal and Masticator Space Infection Osteomyelitis
5. Dentoalveolar Surgery Third Molar Odontectomy Alveolar Osteitis (Dry Socket) Surgical Exposure of an Impacted Maxillary Canine Lingual Nerve Injury Displaced Root Fragments during Dentoalveolar Surgery
6. Dental Implant Surgery Posterior Mandibular Implant Supported Fixed Partial Denture Posterior Maxillary Implant Supported Fixed Prostheses Sinus Grafting For Implants Zygomatic Implants Contemporary Treatment Options for Edentulism Computer Assisted Implant Surgery Extraction Socket Preservation for Implant Placement Implants for the Esthetic Zone
7. Head and Neck Pathology Pleomorphic Adenoma Mucocele And Fibroma Acute Herpetic Gingivostomatitis Aphthous Ulcers Sialolithiasis Acute Suppurative Parotitis Differential Diagnosis of a Neck Mass Oral Leukoplakia Osteoradionecrosis
8. Oral and Maxillofacial Trauma Dentoalveolar Trauma Mandible Fracture (subcondylar) Mandible Fracture (parashymphysis and angle) Zygomatic Maxillary Complex (ZMC) Fracture Zygomatic Arch Fracture Nasal Fracture Frontal Sinus Fracture Naso-Orbital-Ethmoid (NOE) Fracture Le Fort I Fracture Le Fort II and III Fractures Orbital Trauma: Fracture of the orbital floor Panfacial Fracture
9. Orthognathic Surgery Mandibular Orthognathic Surgery Maxillary Orthognathic Surgery Maxillo-Mandibular Surgery Distraction Osteogenesis Inferior Alveolar Nerve Injury Computer Assisted Orthognathic Surgery
10. Temporomandibular Joint Disorders Myofascial Pain Dysfunction Internal Derangement of the Temporomandibular Joint Arthrocentesis and Arthroscopy Degenerative Joint Disease of the Temporomandibular Joint TMJ Ankylosis
11. Oral Cancer Squamous Cell Carcinoma Verrucous Carcinoma Malignant Salivary Gland Tumors Neck Dissections
12. Reconstructive Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Posterior Mandibular Augmentation for Implants Radial Forearm Free Flap Pectoralis Major Flap Fibular Free Flap for Mandibular Reconstruction Iliac Crest Bone Graft: Mandibular Reconstruction
13. Facial Cosmetic Surgery Botox and Fillers Lip Augmentation Rhinoplasty Septoplasty Cervicofacial Rhytidectomy Upper/Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty Genioplasty Endoscopic Browlift
14. Syndromes of the Head and Neck Cleft Lip and Palate Syndromic Craniofacial Synostosis Nonsyndromic Craniofacial Synostosis Hemifacial Microsomia Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome
15. Medical Conditions Congestive Heart Failure Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome Chronic Kidney Disease Liver Disease Von Willebrand Disease Oral Anticoagulation Therapy in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome and Delirium Tremens Acute Asthmatic Attack Diabetes Mellitus Diabetic Ketoacidosis Acute Myocardial Infarction Hypertension
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >