- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chatham, NJ
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The opening section of the book is dedicated to relevant oral sciences: anatomy; histology; embryology; oral medicine and pathology. The clinical section contains fourteen chapters which provide coverage of the core syllabus for dental hygiene and therapy. The final section is dedicated to primary dental care services and law, ethics and professionalism. Each chapter features a revision section to reinforce learning.
Following course developments and an expansion in the remit of both hygienists and therapists, this book has been written not only for students, but as a revision and updating manual for practicing hygienists and therapists.
2. General pathology.
3. Oral medicine and pathology.
4. Dental caries and pulpitis.
5. The periodontium, tooth deposits and periodontal disease.
6. Oral health education and promotion.
7. Diet and nutrition.
8. Microbiology and cross-infection control.
9. Restorative materials.
10. Pharmacology and pain control.
11. Preventive dentistry.
12. Paediatric dentistry.
13. Adult restorative dentistry.
16. Medical emergencies and their management.
17. Health and safety.
18. Complementary and alternative medicine.
19. Primary care services.
20. Law, ethics and professionalism