Section I: Diseases and Disorders
Section II: Procedures and Techniques
Section III: Differential Diagnosis
Section IV: Laboratory Tests
Section V: Clinical Algorithms
Section VI: Drug Formulary
Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats / Edition 2by Etienne Cote
Pub. Date: 12/31/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
No other quick reference comes close in covering the diagnosis and treatment of hundreds of diseases in dogs and cats. Etienne Cote's Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, 2nd Edition is like six books in one; with concise topics within sections on diseases and disorders, procedures and techniques, differential diagnosis, laboratory tests, clinical
No other quick reference comes close in covering the diagnosis and treatment of hundreds of diseases in dogs and cats. Etienne Cote's Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, 2nd Edition is like six books in one; with concise topics within sections on diseases and disorders, procedures and techniques, differential diagnosis, laboratory tests, clinical algorithms, and a drug formulary. Revised from cover to cover, this edition includes dozens of new topics. It also includes free access to a fully searchable companion website featuring an electronic version of the text, all of the book's images, a searchable drug formulary, and 150 Client Education Sheets in both English and Spanish
"... a whole new approach to this very comprehensive tool which should be found in every consulting room." Reviewed by Fabienne Dethioux on behalf of Royal Canin: Vets Today, July 2015
"If there is one book you should have in clinical practice, this is it." Reviewed by: Etienne Cote, Croatia on behalf of European Journal of Companion Animal Practice (EJCAP), December 2015
• Six-books-in-one offers invaluable content, such as diseases and disorders; procedures and techniques; differential diagnosis; laboratory tests; clinical algorithms; and drug formulary.
• Consistent, easy-reference format of Section I: Diseases and Disorders features more than 800 topics arranged from A-Z for quick retrieval of pertinent information.
• Section II: Procedures and Techniques offers illustrated, step-by-step instructions for understanding and performing 118 important clinical procedures.
• Section III: Differential Diagnosis displays nearly every possible cause for 286 different clinical disorders.
• Section IV: Laboratory Tests summarizes essential information needed for interpreting more than 168 lab tests.
• Section V: Clinical Algorithms delivers 91 diagnostic and treatment algorithms, or roadmaps, that help guide students through the steps of clinical assessment and treatment planning.
• NEW! Thoroughly reviewed and updated Drug Formulary offers dosages and other relevant information for more than 500 medications, including dozens of new medications to keep students apprised of the latest remedies available.
• Technician Tips cover more than 800 diseases and disorders that are especially relevant to the tech’s daily experience in the clinic.
• Hundreds of expert international contributing authors ensure the information is the most accurate and up-to-date.
• 150 client education handouts are included online and available in English or Spanish.
• Consistent, easy-reference format of Section I: Diseases and Disorders features topics arranged from A-Z for quick retrieval of pertinent information.
• NEW! Dozens of all-new chapters keep you up to date on the latest topics, including:
• methicillin-resistant staphylococcal infections
• exercise-induced collapse of Labrador retrievers
• lymphoma rescue therapy
• acute coccygeal myopathy
• delayed postoperative hemorrhage in greyhounds
• phalangeal disorders
• benzodiazepine toxicosis
• carpal flexural deformity of puppies and kittens
• portal vein thrombosis
• fibrotic myopathy of the caudal thigh muscles
• iron toxicosis
• FAST/TFAST ultrasound exams
• urethral stent placement
• NEW! Clinical guidance has been added to diseases and disorders chapters to help you select appropriate tests and treatments for each patient.
• NEW! 148 bonus online-only chapters on less common topics or topics already covered in detail in other chapters provide additional information that’s available around the clock.
• NEW! 56 two-column tables in the popular Differential Diagnosis section includes the differential diagnosis list on one side and distinguishing characteristics and other ways of working through the differential on the other.
• NEW! Dozens of real-life video clips demonstrate important findings that static images cannot convey, such as characteristic lamenesses and ultrasound findings.
• NEW! Thoroughly reviewed and updated Drug Formulary includes dozens of new medications to keep you apprised of available remedies.
• NEW! Enhanced electronic image collection offers accurate depictions of procedures and clarification of complex concepts, particularly ophthalmologic and dermatologic conditions.
• NEW! Extensive cross referencing throughout the text offers quick access to all pertinent information through the linking of one chapter to another at junctures where they may be most useful.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.00(h) x 2.50(d)
Table of Contents
Section I: Diseases and Disorders
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
This review is for the ebook version of this book, not the hard copy which is an excellent reference (I'd give it 5 stars). I knew that there were potential problems with trying to use a reference book on a nook, but since the description states that it comes with access to the companion website, I figured I could use that to make up for any deficiencies in the ebook version. Turns out (per the publisher) the ebook does not come with website access, despite the advertising. Since there is content that is only available on the website, this is a problem even without nook issues. Whole sections of the book are completely unreadable on the nook, including some of the most useful, such as the drug formulary and the clinical algorithms. I am using the simple nook, not the color nook which may work better with this kind of material. After 90 minutes (not an exaggeration) on the phone with customer service telling me they couldn't refund the money because it was the publisher's problem, I finally got transferred to someone who did let me return the book. As I said before, the book itself is excellent and is a great go-to book to have in clinics, but get the hard copy, not the ebook.
I love this book. I just graduated veterinary school and I used this book all the time in school. When I graduated, I thought the nook version would be a good environmentally friendly option, but it is a waste of money. The links don't take you to the correct place in the book, making looking up things take up to 15 minutes to find when it should take seconds. There must have been an old version that was updated and the publisher didn't update the hyperlinks. Completely a waste of my money!