Clinical Veterinary Advisor - Pageburst Digital Book (Retail Access Card): Dogs and Cats / Edition 2by Etienne Cote
Pub. Date: 03/30/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
- Section I: Diseases and Disorders provides at-a-glance coverage of nearly 800 common medical problems, arranged alphabetically for immediate access. Entries include a definition, synonyms, epidemiology, clinical presentation, etiology and pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, workup, treatment, prognosis and outcome, plus pearls and/b>/i>
- Section I: Diseases and Disorders provides at-a-glance coverage of nearly 800 common medical problems, arranged alphabetically for immediate access. Entries include a definition, synonyms, epidemiology, clinical presentation, etiology and pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, workup, treatment, prognosis and outcome, plus pearls and considerations. Concise descriptions simplify diagnosis and treatment.
- Section II: Procedures and Techniques offers illustrated, step-by-step instructions for understanding and performing 111 important clinical procedures.
- Section III: Differential Diagnosis displays nearly every possible cause for 260 different clinical disorders.
- Section IV: Laboratory Tests summarizes essential information needed for interpreting more than 150 lab tests.
- Section V: Clinical Algorithms provides decision trees for the diagnostic and therapeutic decision-making processes involved in managing 91 of the most common clinical conditions/disorders.
- Section VI: Drug Formulary is a compilation of dosages and other relevant information for more than 300 new and current medications.
- 410 illustrations and photographs depict disease processes and related concepts.
- A companion website includes the complete text of the book in a fully searchable format, allowing quick access to information, and all of the book's images. It also includes 150 Client Education Sheets, each available in both English and Spanish.
- Clinical guidance added to diseases and disorders chapters helps you select appropriate tests and treatments for each case.
- 50 new client "how-to" handouts are added for a total of 150 client education sheets, helping to improve outcomes by informing clients.
- Technician Tips are inserted throughout nearly 800 diseases and disorders, providing specialized information for veterinary technicians.
- Enhanced electronic image collection on the companion website includes color images and additional figures not found in the text.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.80(w) x 8.80(h) x 0.40(d)
Table of Contents
Section I: Diseases and Disorders
Section II: Procedures and Techniques
Section III: Differential Diagnosis
Section IV: Laboratory Tests
Section V: Clinical Algorithms
Section VI: Drug Formulary
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >