Clinical Veterinary Advisor - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card): Birds and Exotic Petsby Joerg Mayer, Thomas M. Donnelly
Pub. Date: 12/26/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Providing accurate, at-a-glance information on managing the diseases of birds and exotic pets, Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Birds and Exotic Pets is the only comprehensive resource on the market covering birds, reptiles, small mammals, and other non-traditional pets. Concise summaries of hundreds of common medical problems help you consider/b>/b>… See more details below
Providing accurate, at-a-glance information on managing the diseases of birds and exotic pets, Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Birds and Exotic Pets is the only comprehensive resource on the market covering birds, reptiles, small mammals, and other non-traditional pets. Concise summaries of hundreds of common medical problems help you consider differential diagnoses, recommend diagnostic tests, interpret results mindful of unique species differences, utilize important concepts of species-specific husbandry and nutrition, prescribe treatments, and provide follow-up care. With contributions from recognized avian and exotics experts and edited by Jörg Mayer and Thomas M. Donnelly, this clinical reference provides all the information you need in one book!
- Six-books-in-one format includes six separate sections: Diseases and Disorders, Procedures and Techniques, Differential Diagnosis, Laboratory Tests, Clinical Algorithms, and Zoonoses.
- In-depth, cutting-edge coverage includes all exotic species - birds, reptiles, pocket pets, amphibians, and fish - in one comprehensive resource.
- Concise summaries feature a definition of each problem, epidemiology, physical findings and clinical presentation, etiology, differential diagnosis, diagnostic workup (such as laboratory tests and imaging studies), treatment, prognosis and patient follow-up, zoonotic potential, and references.
- Diagnostic and treatment algorithms provide easy-to-follow, step-by-step guidance to clinical assessment and treatment planning.
- A companion website includes the complete text from the book, making the entire contents fully searchable, along with 250 full-color illustrations, client handouts, and the ability to print out any pages.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.30(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >