1. History and Physical Examination2. Chartwork3. Differential Diagnosis: Symptoms, Signs, and Conditions4. Laboratory Diagnosis: Chemistry, Immunology, Serology5. Laboratory Diagnosis: Clinical Hematology6. Laboratory Diagnosis: Urine Studies7. Clinical Microbiology8. Blood Gases and Acid-Base Disorders9. Fluids and Electrolytes10. Blood Component Therapy11. Nutritional Assessment, Therapeutic Diets, and Infant Feeding12. Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition13. Bedside Procedures14. Pain Management15. Imaging Studies16. Introduction to the Operating Room17. Suturing Techniques and Wound Care18. Respiratory Care19. Basic ECG Reading20. Critical Care21. Common Medical Emergencies22. Commonly Used Medications
Clinician's Pocket Reference, 11th Edition / Edition 11by Leonard Gomella, Steven Haist
Pub. Date: 12/09/2006
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
4 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW
"This pocket reference is packed with information that is important for medical students and interns on a day-to-day basis. It is rich with practical information that might otherwise be located in different manuals....Medical/b>/b>
The original Scut Monkey Handbook is the market-leading survival guide for the wards and in the clinic!
4 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW
"This pocket reference is packed with information that is important for medical students and interns on a day-to-day basis. It is rich with practical information that might otherwise be located in different manuals....Medical students and other healthcare providers beginning their clinical rotations are the intended audience. The fundamental information is important for all clinicians to master, thus the book serves housestaff quite well also....This book continues to be a favorite among medical students and housestaff for good reason."--Doody's Review Service
"This book continues to be a favorite among medical students and housestaff for good reason."--Doody's Review Service
This portable, pocket-sized "manual of manuals" provides essential patient care information for medical students. You will find totally up-to-date coverage of current treatment protocols and step-by-step information on the history and physical examination, differential diagnosis, key lab and diagnostic tests, and much more.
- Revised format and design delivers bulleted, concise information as well as numerous flow charts and tables
- Thoroughly updated and revised with particular attention to topics like clinical microbiology, critical care, emergencies, and commonly used medications
- McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 4.80(w) x 8.20(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
I find that it is a good basic book that tells you where to start when something is abnormal.
The clinician's pocket reference is an amazing guide for the novice physician. It is extremely detailed and organized. It would help to have both lamen and medical terminology for those that struggle with remembering certain terms, but otherwise a fantastic reference guide.
its a good book, for recap and reviews, using for the USMLE and For Residence.
I am a Physicians Assistant student and I needed something that I could carry in my pocket while on rotations. Lab values is something I am weak in at this current time and this book has greatly helped me! Once I got familiar with it, I could quickly look up abnormalities and help find a solution! I would recommend this to any med/PA student.