Colleen Jones is principal of Atlanta-based Content Strategy, a boutique strategy consultancy with clients such as The Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Cingular Wireless (now AT and T), Intercontinental Hotels, Home Depot and other large brands. Her popular website, leenjones.com is updated daily with rich content. She has a B.A. in English and an M.A. in Technical Communication from James Madison University. She's chairman of CHI Atlanta, and participated in the IA Summit's 2009 landmark Content Strategy Consortium.
Clout: The Art and Science of Influential Web Contentby Colleen Jones
An ad campaign won't cut it. A Twitter account doesn't guarantee it. Manipulative tricks will backfire. Instead, you need quality, compelling web content that
Results. Everyone wants them, whether to sell more products, spread good ideas, or win more funding. In our busy digital world, the way to results is influencing people on the web. But how?
An ad campaign won't cut it. A Twitter account doesn't guarantee it. Manipulative tricks will backfire. Instead, you need quality, compelling web content that attracts people and engages them for the long haul.
Clout explains the key principles of influence and how to apply them to web content. Along the way, those principles come to life with lots of practical examples. With this book, you'll:
- Discover why a technology feature, marketing campaign, SEO effort, or redesign aren't enough to influence online.
- Understand the business value of compelling web content.
- Learn 8 principles for influence from the art of rhetoric and the science of psychology.
- Find out what context is and why it's so important to influence.
- Jump start your planning for content over time with patterns and diagrams.
- Learn the basics of evaluation to determine whether your web content is making a difference.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >