- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Co-Teaching in the Differentiated Classroom is a practical hands-on guide that explains how to implement co-teaching programs in mixed-ability classrooms. Based on the authors' award-winning model, this important guide shows how special education teachers can pair with general education teachers to improve classroom functioning while promoting high achievement for all students. The book provides tested frameworks and tools for teacher collaboration on lesson planning, student grouping, assessment, and discipline. It also offers guidance on managing overcrowded classrooms and on designing and implementing differentiated lessons and assignments, and includes advice for administrators.
Part I: Collaboration and Co-Teaching
1. Why Collaborate?
2. The Partnership Essentials
Part II: Working in the Differentiated Classroom
3. The Differentiation Essentials
4. Planning Differentiated Lessons: Essential Steps
5. Sample Lessons, Activities, and Templates
6. Student Contracts and Menus
7. Assessment as a Grading Tool
Part III: Implementing a Schoolwide Program
8. Essential Administrative Support
9. Reflections on Making Change Happen