- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Rahway, NJ
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
"This book is the single best collection of first-rate articles on executive coaching. It covers every base from leading change to strategy and should be on the bookshelf of every student and practitioner of leadership and organizational development."
—Warren Bennis, University Professor and Distinguished Professor of business, University of Southern California,and author, On Becoming a Leader, and coauthor, Geeks and Geezers
"What a resource! In Coaching for Leadership, the world's best coaches come together to present an advanced tutorial on the art of coaching. Anyone interested in becoming an executive coach, either as an individual practice or within his or her organization, must immediately buy and read this essential hands-on guide."
—Sally Helgesen, author, The Female Advantage and The Web of Inclusion
"This exceptional book is a must read for individuals at all levels of the organization. Coaches, HR managers, and executives hoping to become coaches will benefit greatly from the concepts, practices, and techniques brought to light in Coaching for Leadership."
—Vijay Govindarajan, Earl C. Daum 1924 Professor of International Business, and director, Center for Global Leadership
"This book is very important and valuable reading for executives who are reaching retirement and moving into another important area of contribution: coaching others to become effective executives. It is no less significant for corporate HR executives who are increasingly called upon to manage coaching interventions on behalf of their companies' leaders."
—D. Quinn Mills, professor, Harvard Business School
"Coaching is a critical business skill in today's fast-changing world. Coaching for Leadership pulls together insightful contributions from several renowned coaches. This book is a must read for leaders and future leaders."
—Dr. Homa Bahrami, senior lecturer, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
Preface to the Second Edition.
Preface to the First Edition.
About the Editors.
PART ONE: FOUNDATIONS OF COACHING.
1. The Accomplished Leader (Laurence S. Lyons).
2. Coaching and Consultation Revisited: Are They the Same? (Edgar H. Schein).
3. Situational Leadership and Executive Coaching (Paul Hersey and Roger Chevalier).
4. Coaching for Behavioral Change (Marshall Goldsmith).
PART TWO: BUILDING BLOCKS.
5. Try Feedforward Instead of Feedback (Marshall Goldsmith).
6. Making Coaching Work: Ten Easy Steps (Marc Effron).
7. Leading on Purpose: What Do You Care About? (Richard J. Leider).
8. Coaching for Effective Action: A Core Leadership Process (Victoria A. Guthrie and John R. Alexander).
9. Coaching Others to Accept Feedback (Joe Folkman).
10. Selling Up Is Leading Up: Coaching Your Manager Can Be Just as Important as Coaching Your Direct Reports (John Baldoni and Marshall Goldsmith).
PART THREE: LEADING CHANGE.
11. Coaching at the Heart of Strategy (Laurence S. Lyons).
12. Crossing Over: Making the Transition from Executive to Executive Coach (Brian Tracy).
13. Surviving the Transition from Line Manager to Executive Coach (David Noer).
14. Coaching Business Leaders (Richard Gauthier and David Giber).
15. Coaching and Culture: Toward the Global Coach (Michel Moral and Pamela Warnock).
16. When Leaders Are Coaches (James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner).
17. Coaching the Coaches (David Ulrich).
18. Why Coaching Clients Give Up and How Effective Goal Setting Can Make a Positive Difference (Marshall Goldsmith and Kelly Goldsmith).
PART FOUR: APPLICATIONS.
19. Case Study: Coaching for Change at Aventis (Laurence S. Lyons).
20. The Experience of Siemens in Spain (Marta H. Williams, Carlos J. Paulet, and Rebeca Arroyo).
21. The General Mills & Pillsbury Merger (Kevin D. Wilde).
22. The Agilent Technologies Story: Coaching Across the Enterprise (Brian O. Underhill, Dianne Anderson, and Robert A. Silva).
23. e-Coaching: Using the New Technology to Develop Tomorrow’s Leaders (Marshall Goldsmith).
24. Career Development: Anytime, Anyplace (Beverly L. Kaye).
25. Coaching in the Midst of Diversity (R. Roosevelt Thomas, Jr.).
26. Coaching Executives: Women Succeeding Globally (Nancy J. Adler).
Pfeiffer Publications Guide.