Coaching Youth Basketball, Fifth Editionby American Sport Education Program
• Preparing for and
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Coaching Youth Basketball, Fifth Edition, will help you run organized practices as you develop your players' fundamental skills. Written by the American Sport Education Program (ASEP), in conjunction with expert coach Don Showalter of USA Basketball, this book covers all aspects of player development that you need to know:
• Preparing for and conducting efficient, age-specific practices
• Teaching and developing skills
• Providing a safe playing environment
• Identifying and correcting errors in performance
• Communicating with and encouraging players
You'll also gain court-tested tips on running your team; communicating with players, officials, parents, and other coaches; providing basic first aid; and keeping it all fun. The book contains 47 drills and 29 coaching tips that are sure to jump-start your practices and improve players' performance. In addition, you receive many photos and diagrams to facilitate your understanding of the skills and drills.
Ideal for coaches of players ages 5 to 14, the fifth edition of Coaching Youth Basketball will help you focus on long-term athlete development by creating an environment in which your players can learn, progress in their skill development, increase their understanding of the game, and, most important, have fun.
- Human Kinetics Publishers
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 22 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >