Cocktail Parties for Dummiesby Jaymz Bee, Jan Gregor
Are you tired of hosting boring pizza parties that have your guests checking their watches every five minutes? Would you like to have a New Year's soiree but are afraid that it will cost you an arm and a leg? Do you want to meet new people without traveling to your neighborhood bar? Don't let the hottest party trend of the decade pass you by! With Cocktail Parties For Dummies at you side, you'll throw parties that people will talk about for ages!
Inside, you'll discover how to
- Choose a location and venue to suite your style and budget
- Prepare a guest list, create alluring invitations, and establish a festive dress code
- Pick a tantalizing theme from mild to wild and create menus for any theme from backyard BBQs to Tiki Night
- Create mouthwatering hors d'oeuvres and serve delicious drinks -- with or without alcohol -- guaranteed to impress your guests
- Take advantage of tips on choosing music to entertain party-goers all night long
- Count down to the party with the author's timeline
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I ordered this book after hosting a baby shower because i think that i found my calling and after reading it, it has helped in certain areas that i didn't know about. with this book i don't think that i could go wrong. thanks for making a layman's book that breaks it all down.
This is a really fun read, with some clever party themes and games. I particularly liked the cocktail party movie guide. Mr. Bee must lead an amazing life if half these stories are true! One of my favourite things about dummies books is you can pick any chapter. It's a non-linear treat!