Cocolat: Extraordinary Chocolate Dessertsby Alice Medrich, Patricia Brabant (Photographer)
- A Christmas mousse of white chocolate, surrounded by pinwheels of cranberry and
In this lavish book, the maitresse of Cocolat shares her exclusive techniques with you, enabling you to make the kind of visually stunning, "designer desserts" you thought only a professional could master. Here are how-to recipes for such show-stopping confections as:
- A Christmas mousse of white chocolate, surrounded by pinwheels of cranberry and raspberry-filled cake, scented with Kirsch.
- An unforgettable cake for Father's Day, splashed with rum, shaped like a sleek box, and tied with a riboon of marbelized chocolate.
- A child's birthday cake like no other: a whimsical tower of miniature help-yourself cupcakes, each capped with a milk or white chocolate glaze
- A superlative petite pastry - an almost macaroon crowned with a gold-tipped, two inche cone of chocolate-coated cream
- An incredible, soft-centered, chocolate dipped American chocolate truffle - the luscious delicacy that put Cocolat on the dessert map.
Alice Medrich makes these and other dream desserts feasible by taking complex techniques and breaking them down into accessible, easy-to-follow steps.
- Grand Central Publishing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.75(w) x 11.25(h) x 0.75(d)
- Age Range:
- 13 Years
Meet the Author
Alice Medrich has won more cookbook-of-the-year awards and best in the dessert and baking category awards than any other author. Mostly self taught, she received selective formal training at the prestigious École Lenôtre in France, and is credited with popularizing chocolate truffles in the United States when she began making and selling them at her influential Berkeley dessert shop, Cocolat, in the 1970s. She has since left the retail world, devoting much of her career to teaching and sharing her expansive knowledge about baking and chocolate. Check out her online baking course on craftsy.com and her column at Food52.com. Find her at AliceMedrich.com and follow her on Twitter @alicemedrich.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews