Cognitive and Behavioral Interventions: An Empirical Approach to Mental Health Problems / Edition 1by Linda W. Craighead, W. Edward Craighead, Alan E. Kazdin, Michael J. Mahoney
Pub. Date: 12/07/1993
This high-level edited volume provides a balanced discussion of both cognitive and behavioral perspectives of mental health issues, emphasizing the broad range of applications and wide variety of disorders in which interventions have been shown to be effective. Covers disorders and problem areas in both adult and child/adolescent populations, reflects the views
This high-level edited volume provides a balanced discussion of both cognitive and behavioral perspectives of mental health issues, emphasizing the broad range of applications and wide variety of disorders in which interventions have been shown to be effective. Covers disorders and problem areas in both adult and child/adolescent populations, reflects the views and conclusions of the active researchers in the field, focuses on empirical validation and differing approaches in and across problem areas, and future directions in the field are covered throughout the book. Clinical Psychologists and Psychiatrists. A Longwood Professional Book.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
I. THEORETICAL MODELS AND BASIC PRINCIPLES.
1. Cognitive and Behavioral Perspectives: An Introduction
2. Models of Clinical Change
3. Principles of Behavior and Cognitive Change
4. Evaluation in Behavioral Research
II. APPLICATIONS WITH ADULTS.
5. Anxiety Disorders, L.L. Street and D.H. Barlow
6. Depression in Adults, S.D. Hollon and M.M. Carter
7. Schizophrenia, A.S. Bellack and K.T. Mueser
8. Social Inadequacy and Social Skill, M.G. Dow
9. Obesity and Eating Disorders, L.W. Craighead and B.G. Kirkley
10. Addictive Behaviors, M.E. Larimer and G.A. Marlatt
11. Behavioral Couples Therapy, J. Waltz and N.S. Jacobson
12. Sexual Dysfunction, J. LoPiccolo
13. Behavioral Medicine, F.J. Keefe and J.C. Beckham
III. APPLICATIONS WITH CHILDREN, ADOLESCENTS, AND FAMILIES.
14. Management of Classroom Disruptive Behavior and Academic Performance Problems, D. Walker, C.R. Greenwood, and B. Terry
15. Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, G.J. DuPaul, D.C. Guevremont, and R.A. Barkley
16. Parent and Family Management Training, K.C. Wells
17. Antisocial Behavior and Conduct Disorder, A.E. Kazdin
18. Childhood and Adolescent Depression, W. E. Craighead, J.F. Curry, and D.K. McMillan
19. Mental Retardation, T.L. Whitman
20. Autism, L.Schriebman
21. Applications in Pediatric Psychology, L. Peterson, D.D. Sherman, and M. Zink
IV. FUTURE DIRECTIONS.
22. Future Directions
References and Index
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >