Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies for Trauma, Second Edition / Edition 2by Victoria M. Follette
Pub. Date: 01/17/2006
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
This volume presents cutting-edge cognitive and behavioral applications for understanding and treating trauma-related problems in virtually any clinical setting. Leading scientist-practitioners summarize the available treatment data and succinctly review the "whys," "whats," and "how-tos" of their respective approaches. Encompassing individual, group, couple, and… See more details below
This volume presents cutting-edge cognitive and behavioral applications for understanding and treating trauma-related problems in virtually any clinical setting. Leading scientist-practitioners summarize the available treatment data and succinctly review the "whys," "whats," and "how-tos" of their respective approaches. Encompassing individual, group, couple, and parent-child treatments, the volume goes beyond the traditionally identified diagnosis of PTSD to include strategies for addressing comorbid substance abuse, traumatic revictimization, complicated grief, acute stress disorder, and more. It offers crucial guidance on assessment, case conceptualization, and treatment planning; discusses issues in clinical training; and demonstrates ways to integrate cognitive-behavioral methods with other therapeutic approaches.
New to This Edition:
Incorporates major advances in research and clinical practice.
Expanded and restructured for greater practical utility.
Chapters on assessment, acute stress disorder, complicated grief, cognitive processing therapy, working with groups, and early intervention.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Second Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.14(w) x 9.21(h) x 1.06(d)
Table of Contents
Introduction, Josef I. Ruzek and Victoria M. Follette
1. Back to the Future of Understanding Trauma: Implications for Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies for Trauma, Candice M. Monson and Matthew J. Friedman
2. Functional Analytic Clinical Assessment in Trauma Treatment, William C. Follette and Amy E. Naugle
3. Recent Advances in Psychological Assessment of Adults with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Elizabeth M. Pratt, Deborah J. Brief, and Terence M. Keane
4. Prolonged Exposure Treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, David S. Riggs, Shawn P. Cahill, and Edna B. Foa
5. Cognitive Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Jillian C. Shipherd, Amy E. Street, and Patricia A. Resick
6. Applications of Dialectical Behavior Therapy to Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Related Problems, Amy W. Wagner and Marsha M. Linehan
7. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in the Treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: Theoretical and Applied Issues, Robyn D. Walser and Steven C. Hayes
8. Functional Analytic Psychotherapy and the Treatment of Complex Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Barbara S. Kohlenberg, Mavis Tsai and Robert J. Kohlenberg
III. Specialized Populations and Delivery Considerations
9. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Acute Stress Disorder, Richard A. Bryant
10. Seeking Safety: Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Substance Use Disorder, Lisa M. Najavits
11. Cognitive Therapy for Trauma-Related Guilt and Shame, Edward S. Kubany and Tyler C. Ralston
12. Treatment of Complicated Grief: Integrating Cognitive-Behavioral Methods with Other Treatment Approaches, Katherine Shear and Ellen Frank
13. Sexual Revictimization: Risk Factors and Prevention, Marylene Cloitre and Anna Rosenberg
14. A Principle-Based Intervention for Couples Affected by Trauma, Leah M. Leonard, Victoria M. Follette and Jill S. Compton
15. Group Therapies for Trauma Using Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, David W. Foy and Linnea C. Larson
16. Trauma in Childhood, Esther Deblinger, Reena Thakkar-Kolar and Erika Ryan
17. Bringing Cognitive-Behavioral Psychology to Bear on Early Intervention with Trauma Survivors: Accident, Assault, War, Disaster, Mass Violence, and Terrorism, Josef I. Ruzek
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >