Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy with Couples and Families: A Comprehensive Guide for Cliniciansby Frank M. Dattilio
Pub. Date: 10/26/2009
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
From a leading expert in cognitive-behavioral therapy and couple and family therapy, this comprehensive guide combines cutting-edge research and clinical wisdom. The author shows how therapeutic techniques originally designed for individuals have been successfully adapted for use with couples and families struggling with a wide range of relationship problems and stressful life transitions. Vivid clinical examples illustrate the process of conducting thorough assessments, implementing carefully planned cognitive and behavioral interventions, and overcoming roadblocks. The book highlights ways to enhance treatment by drawing on the latest knowledge about relationship dynamics, attachment, and neurobiology. Cultural diversity issues are woven throughout.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.90(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
2. The Mechanics of Change with Couples and Families
3. The Schema Component in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
4. The Role of Neurobiological Processes
5. Methods of Clinical Assessment
6. Cognitive-Behavioral Techniques
7. Special Topics
8. Enhancements to Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
9. Case Examples
Appendix A. Questionnaires and Inventories for Couples and Families
Appendix B. Dysfunctional Thought Record
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >