- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Anderson offers systematic and accessible presentation of the theoretical foundations of higher mental processes, with each important idea made concrete by specific examples and experiments. Focusing on knowledge representation as the central issue of cognition research, the book emphasizes an information processing approach to the field, but offers thorough coverage of the cognitive neuroscience approach as well (extensively updated for this edition).
The Sixth Edition also features a new two-color design and an expanded art program, with new figures highlighting areas of the brain most closely associated with specific cognitive functions. The result is a lucid, integrated view of the current state of a dynamic field, from one of its most accomplished practitioners.
1. The Science of Cognition
3. Attention and Performance
4. Perception-Based Knowledge Representations
5. Abstraction of Information in the Memory
6. Human Memory: Encoding and Storage
7. Human Memory: Retention and Retrieval
8. Problem Solving
10. Reasoning and Decision Making
11. Language Structure
12. Language Comprehension
13. Individual Differences in Cognition