Cognitive Therapy with Children and Adolescents: A Casebook for Clinical Practice / Edition 1by Mark A. Reinecke
Pub. Date: 12/28/1995
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
While cognitive-behavioral therapy has developed rapidly in recent years, its application with children and adolescents has received only minimal attention. Expanding the boundaries of contemporary cognitive-behavioral therapy, this much-needed volume addresses myriad up-to-date strategies and techniques for treating common difficulties experienced by children and
While cognitive-behavioral therapy has developed rapidly in recent years, its application with children and adolescents has received only minimal attention. Expanding the boundaries of contemporary cognitive-behavioral therapy, this much-needed volume addresses myriad up-to-date strategies and techniques for treating common difficulties experienced by children and adolescents. Grounded in a strong developmental orientation, contributing authors address numerous disorders that are commonly confronted by mental health professionals working with children and their families, as well as other problems that are encountered less frequently. Chapters begin with a review of the relevant literature, then present extended case examples, including DSM-IV diagnoses, which clearly demonstrate the use and implementation of cognitive-behavioral techniques.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
Preface. Foreword, Aaron T. Beck.
1. General Issues, Mark A. Reinecke, Frank M. Dattilio,
and Arthur Freeman.
2. Case Study Research: The Cornerstone of Theory and
Practice, David J. A. Edwards.
3. Treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity
Disorder, Ruth A. Ervin, Christine L. Bankert,
and George J. DuPaul.
4. Treatment of Oppositional Behavior, Laura D. Hanish,
Patrick H. Tolan, and Nancy G. Guerra.
5. Recovery Maintenance and Relapse Prevention with Chemically
Dependent Adolescents, David O'Connell and Henry Patterson.
6. Treatment of Childhood Depression, Lynn P. Rehm and
Robbie N. Sharp.
7. The Quadripartite Model of Social Competence: Theory and
Applications to Clinical Intervention, David C. DuBois and
Robert D. Felner.
8. Treatment of Separation Anxiety Disorder, Phillip C. Kendall, Serena Ashmore-Callahan, Margot R. Levin, and Masaya Ichii.
9. Treatment of Low Self-Esteem, Stephen Shirk
and Susan Harter.
10. Treatment of an Adolescent Survivor of Child Sexual Abuse,
Ann Hope Heflin and Esther Deblinger.
11. Treatment of Adolescent Eating Disorders, Wayne A. Bowers,
Kay Evans, Laura Van Cleve.
12. Treatment of Students with Learning Disabilities: Case
Conceptualization and Program Design, Catherine Trapani
and Maribeth Gettinger.
13. Adolescent Inpatient Treatment, G. Randolph Schrodt Jr., Barbara A. Fitzgerald, Alan J. Ravitz, and Mark A. Reinecke.
14. Treatment of Couple and Family Problems, Norman Epstein
and Stephen E. Schlesinger.
15. Facilitating Parental Understanding and Management of
Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Arthur P. Anastopoulos.
16. Treatment of Academic Problems, Edward S. Shapiro and
Kathy L. Bradley.
17. Play Therapy with a Sexually Abused Child, Susan M. Knell and Christine D. Ruma.
18. Treatment of a High-Functioning Adolescent with Autism, Catherine Lord.
19. Concluding Remarks, Mark A. Reinecke, Frank M. Dattilio, and Arthur Freeman.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >