Cognitive Therapy with Children and Adolescents, Second Edition: A Casebook for Clinical Practice / Edition 2by Mark A. Reinecke, Gilbert Parra, Cristy Lopez, Frank M. Dattilio
Pub. Date: 05/07/2003
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
Now in a revised and updated second edition, this clinically oriented casebook and text presents empirically supported interventions for a wide range of child and adolescent problems. Leading cognitive-behavioral therapists demonstrate assessment and treatment approaches that have been carefully adaptedor specially designedto meet the needs of young… See more details below
Now in a revised and updated second edition, this clinically oriented casebook and text presents empirically supported interventions for a wide range of child and adolescent problems. Leading cognitive-behavioral therapists demonstrate assessment and treatment approaches that have been carefully adaptedor specially designedto meet the needs of young patients. Incorporating the latest, most innovative techniques, the volume reflects significant recent advances in knowledge about vulnerability and resilience, processes of change, and treatment effectiveness. Following a consistent format, each chapter reviews the relevant literature and presents an extended case example bringing to life what an experienced therapist might do, why, and how to do it. With new chapters on OCD, personality disorders, and social anxiety, the casebook also addresses oppositional behavior, ADHD, substance misuse, depression, sexual abuse, high-functioning autism, PTSD, and other frequently encountered clinical challenges. Key Features
• 50% of second edition material is new, including OCD, personality disorder, and social anxiety chapters.
• Covers all child and adolescent disorders therapists are likely to encounter.
• Case material vividly illustrates problems and implementation of techniques.
• Presents the latest, most innovative approaches.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Second Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.13(w) x 9.25(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
1. What Makes for an Effective Treatment?, Mark A. Reinecke, Frank M. Dattilio, and Arthur Freeman
2. Facilitating Understanding and Management of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Arthur D. Anastopoulos and Lisa M. Gerrard
3. Treatments for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Dustin A. Pardini and John E. Lochman
4. Recovery Maintenance and Relapse Prevention with Chemically Dependent Adolescents, Henry O. Patterson and David F. O'Connell
5. Modular Therapy for Adolescents with Major Depression, John F. Curry and Mark A. Reinecke
6. Treatment of Social Anxiety Disorder, Anne Marie Albano
7. Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Martin E. Franklin, Moira Rynn, Edna B. Foa, and John S. March
8. Strategies to Modify Low Self-Esteem in Adolescents, Stephen Shirk, Rebecca Burwell, and Susan Harter
9. Treatment of a Sexually Abused Adolescent with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Anne Hope Heflin and Esther Deblinger
10. Treatment of Adolescent Eating Disorders, Wayne A. Bowers, Kay Evans, Daniel le Grange, and Arnold E. Andersen
11. Treatment of Academic Skills Problems, Kathy L. Bradley-Klug and Edward S. Shapiro
12. Treatment of Family Problems, Norman B. Epstein and Stephen E. Schlesinger
13. Play Therapy with a Sexually Abused Child, Susan M. Knell and Christine D. Ruma
14. Treatment of Adolescents and Young Adults with High-Functioning Autism or Asperger Syndrome, Dean W. Beebe and Susan Risi
15. The Quadripartite Model Revisited: Promoting Positive Mental Health in Children and Adolescents, David L. DuBois, Robert D. Felner, Erika M. Lockerd, Gilbert R. Parra, and Cristy Lopez
16. Personality Disorders among Children and Adolescents: Is It an Unlikely Diagnosis?, Arthur Freeman and Andrea Rigby
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >